Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 310

Re: BT CLOUD ERRORS

Go to solution

Thank you again for the feedback.

Further to my Message 143.

The BT.com website does not provide a clear description of how to report faults on products such as ‘BT Cloud’ and users of this product are directed to FAQs or the BT Community forum, as their first port of call.  At the moment some of the paths to information about BT Cloud have been closed.

Regarding the role of the BT Community forum that is referenced deep down in the BT.com website, with the exception of the ‘Moderators’, is made up of volunteer BT Customers that are normally used to working with products that work. 

When a product ceases to work correctly and it becomes clear that the fault lies within, or associated with the product, as the current fault is, BT have an obligation to keep the members of the BT Community informed of the progress to rectify the fault (not necessarily in the open forum). 

I believe that BT would benefit from this, as customers who currently seek advice from the BT Community forum are only confronted with messages from disgruntled customers many who are threatening to close their BT Accounts and go elsewhere.

However, as I said in my Message 143, by accepting BT Community forum membership the members who themselves have a vested interest in the fault(s) being rectified should be providing accurate and relevant information to both BT and those customers seeking their help.

In the current case I would advise some (not all) of the members of the current BT Cloud that saying that BT Cloud is not working (and I agree it isn’t) is helping no one.

Having no information at all from BT, most members, including myself, attempted to investigate the BT Cloud fault themselves, until we all realised that we were not the only ones being affected.  Some members have changed their passwords, others completely uninstalled BT Cloud and replaced it again, or thought that it was the platform they were working on.

As previously experiencing a similar loss of BT Cloud, I decided to be patient and explore what was actually happening without changing anything.

I examined my recorded BT Cloud Logs and captured the start-up addresses appearing in my browser that appeared up to the point that the Error Code UN1 appears.

I found that my Localhost reference was not being recognised for loopback purposes and therefore, as expected, returned the Error Code: UN1.  I also concluded that the Localhost error was at the Server, as it is affecting others who are using their own unique Localhost references.

This type of fault is not uncommon, so there are well documented solutions on how to fix it, even for the Server side.

One further comment I would make is that I do not believe that BT Cloud is NOT WORKING, but that we are being DENIED ACCESS to a working version by the fault.

JTS1

Message 172 of 310

Re: BT cloud- unable to access via web browser

Go to solution
See Message 170
JTS1
0 Ratings
Message 173 of 310

Go to solution

@JTS1 @NeilO 

Whilst I agree with that Bt Cloud may be working what is not explained is why the desktop can still upload to the cloud using the same login credentials as web access requests that are rejected. My desktops have been logged in for months and can connect automatically. Comments suggest that if I log off I won’t connect again.

At least we know the problem is being looked at and we will be updated on 8th December, hopefully the issue will be sorted long before then.

0 Ratings
Message 174 of 310

Go to solution
When you last logged in, Localhost reference looped back to the device that you are working on, but if you shut BT Cloud down that connection will be lost and, you are right, you will not be allowed back in.

Google 'Localhost' and see that Localhost is a loopback address used for testing and developing on a local machine.

When a user pings localhost, the request remains on the local network and connects to the machine in use. If such a connection is not possible, the browser displays an error message.

Message 175 of 310

Go to solution

@Ciceromaybe there is some sort of token for the client that hasn't expired, but this seems to be a complex scenario now where they are merging multiple systems so who knows what is really going on.

0 Ratings
Message 176 of 310

Go to solution
Would it be possible to know what is the current status? Has the problem been identified and working towards a resolution or is there still an investigation ongoing?
0 Ratings
Message 177 of 310

Go to solution

@JTS1 @NeilO 

We are talking about one of the biggest Telecommunications  company in Europe -  this is just one big SCANDAL what BT is presenting in current problem with BTCloud. No official explanations, no recovery plan for weeks. Total **bleep** - that's what BT is ,,,,

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 310

Go to solution

I'm somewhat surprised to say the least that I had an early morning telephone call at 8.15am from Sean who is based at the BT Office in Newcastle.

He was phoning to confirm that his team are aware of my concern that I cannot access my BT Cloud account, the team are actively working on resolving the problem and he is expecting the problems with BT Cloud to be fixed "in the very near future".   He couldn't be more specific as to how long it would take to fix, but when asked, he did say he has quite a few phone calls to make to affected customers.

Are BT really phoning everyone who have registered a complaint?  Couldn't they contact people by email??   I'm certain that this wasn't a wind up, maybe one of the mods here could confirm that Newcastle office is indeed dealing with resolving the problem.

It just seems to me that a technological problem isn't being handled in a technological manner

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 310

Go to solution

Well that’s the way BT have always handled things when I’ve logged a fault. I get a text to say that someone is going to call. And a few minutes later I indeed am chatting with someone from the resolutions/ faults team. 

It works  for me. I’d rather speak to someone than get an email. There are times when BT send a text to give a short progress ( or not) update. 

In BT’s defence they do seem to try and get things sorted. Eventually. But clearly this issue  isn’t as straightforward as perhaps we would like it to be. 

0 Ratings
Message 180 of 310

Go to solution

Please read the Moderator's Message 170

JTS1