cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud no longer works

Go to solution

BT cloud version 22.12.33 has stopped working on windows 10 x64 home.

It stopped syncing 19th jan 2024 but no notification error is reported.

Logging in to the web works but it is not possible to access any of the files previously uploaded. After a number of minutes of please wait a popup window shows.2024-01-29_09-36-18.png

the log output shows

2024-01-30_09-06-58.png

Any ideas how to fix?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud no longer works

Go to solution

Hi @mumfie 

Thanks for posting.

Can I ask if you've ensured all Windows updates are up to date?

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @StuartH 

Yes windows is up to date.

2024-01-30_10-23-57.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @mumfie 

Thanks for confirming this for me.

I can have this investigated for you, I've sent you a private message asking for some more details to help.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Are you using a pop-up blocker?

I've just logged on using a browser for what is admittedly the first time in ages and I had to suffer a load of pop-ups which I'm pretty sure were never there before, one of these being a licence agreement which I had to accept and acknowledge. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @Les-Gibson ,

No popup blocker that I am aware of. 

Strangely in the last hour it now appears to be syncing again and I can see the most recent uploaded documents in web interface document activity but cannot access them via All My Files

2024-01-30_15-19-08.png

I do have a lot of large files using approx 80% of 1TB space 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I don't have a lot on there but I can access all that I do using a browser (I don't have the app as I have a very low opinion of BT software in general).

Try using another device if possible or, if not, another browser

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hello @StuartH , @Les-Gibson 

BT Cloud now appears to be working again. It started working about 6pm yesterday and the web interface All My Files is also working again. Hopefully it will continue to work.

Thanks to you both for your help.

2024-01-31_08-40-19.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Call me a Luddite but these sort of glitches is why I've never stored any of my files in the Cloud. They all fit comfortably on my desktop's SSD, and once a day I synchronise them with a portable hard drive (using legacy software Laplink that only syncs what has changed since last time) so they are always backed up and I can take them all with me when I travel with just my laptop.
This way I am also immune from WiFi glitches in hotels that might prevent me accessing the Cloud.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Is it me or has BT Cloud stopped letting us access sheets in  an Excel file, when I call a file down the sheets are not listed , ie sheet 1 to 3 say. I can access sheet 1 but the sheet names do not appear unless I scroll down sheet 1 and scroll back up. In essence when the other sheet names appear eventually I cannot access the contents. Sure this never used to happen…

0 Ratings