cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Wi-Fi "opt in" seems totally broken – anyone any ideas ?

Go to solution

Hi

I've moved myself over to BT Fibre (from Plusnet), which has been active for a couple of weeks. Wi-Fi is enabled on my SH2, and I've tried rebooting it - but it seems that the ability to "opt-in" to BT wi-fi via the BT web site is completely broken. Anyone any ideas?  (and when I try logging into the neighbours BT Wi-Fi it tells me I have not opted in).

Problem described below:

Step 1. Click on Learn More

davidcambridge_0-1675552654634.png

Step 2: Tick I agree with the BT Wi-Fi terms and conditions , then click "Set up now"

davidcambridge_1-1675552694370.png

Step 3:  You briefly end up back on the below, and wait

davidcambridge_2-1675552840967.png

Step 4. You end up getting redirected back here

davidcambridge_3-1675552870658.png

Step 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for all eternity, or until you get bored. Either way, it isn't going sign you up. 

Thanks in advance

David

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wi-Fi "opt in" seems totally broken – anyone any ideas ?

Go to solution

It sounds like the BT website is broken. Try it again. If you’re feeling brave you could try contacting support but I would not hold out for a useful response. Hopefully a BT mod will post here soon and help you out.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

It's been broken for months despite being raised with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@davidcambridge I'm sorry you've been unable to opt-in to BT wifi on the website. I've raised this previously and will chase it again.

The moderation team can request a workaround to help get you opted in and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Neil and to everyone else who replied. 

In the end I did brave BT support, and I have to say they were pretty good (much obliged "Liz" from BT support - thankyou). 

Seems like it is broken on the website (shameful!), but "support Liz" got it going for me (redeeming!).  

David

0 Ratings