cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT WiFi App ( for public hotspot / installing profile - still relevant ?

Hi,

I notice my BT H2 now shows SSID EE-Wi-Fi & EE-Wi-Fi-X ( and no longer any public BT-Wi-Fi ….

with my BB I have unlimited access to BT public hotpots & BT Wi-Fi iOS App installed on IPhone 

-

However, is this App irrelevant now? / ( as assume it wont connect me to EE-Wi-Fi ) ?

Hoping someone has experience here as cannot find any details ‘searching online ’ 

( I am aware with an EE sim in iPhone - will then connect to any EE-WI-FI as authenticates ( via EE SIM ) but where does this leave the login via BT Wi-Fi app?

Thanks, 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT WiFi App ( for public hotspot / installing profile - still relevant ?

BTWIFI is changing to EEWIFI and your existing login should work without a problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thank you.

I see perhaps my question was not so clear - so here goes :

1. If I have an EE SIM in my iPhone ( it will auto-connect to EE WIFI-X hotspots automatically 

So, do I still need the BT WI-FI App ? ( for BT WI-FI-X ) or not required as authenticates via SIM & not ( via profile ) & BT BB username/ password ?

And 

2. If I dont have a EE SIM - as previously ; when using the BT WI-FI APP, I can connect to BT WI-FI-X, however,

I am not seeing this now working with public EE WI-FI ( seems as BT WI-FI migrates to EE WIFI the BT iso APP for connecting  does not work with EE WI-FI ( as connecting to EE WI-FI is now authenticated via EE SIM

If my assumption is correct ? 

Then right now - while BT-WI-FI is still out there - the BT WI-FI app is relevant 

But, once moved to EE-WI-FI ( its not going to work ) ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

As I have a BT/EE SIM I can’t comment on you item 2. But with me having BT broadband and a BT SIM in my iPhone with the BT WiFi app I’ve found the following:

• I haven’t been able to login to BTWifi-X for some months.
  • Recently I discovered:
  • EE WiFi which I can login to automatically via the BT WiFi app
  • EE WiFi-X which I can’t login to
  • EE WiFi-Auto which I can login to automatically because I’ve a iPhone with a BT(EE) SIM, see link here for full details
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

This is also being discussed in this post

BT-WIFI-X and EE-WIFI-X 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you,

Seems if you have an EE SIM then BT WI-FI & EE WIFI connects 

However, I have ipad & used BT App which used to connect me to BT WI-FI ( …. Using by BB credentials ) - but seems this is being phased out….

Looks like BT / EE are moving towards SIM authentication for BT WIFI & EE WI-FI 

Thus, to my point that - BT WI-FI App for iOS & Android no longer useful?

Thanks,

0 Ratings