cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Can't find BT Wi-Fi app in Google store

Go to solution

I've recently upgraded my phone and trying to get things setup as before. I would like to re-install the BT WiFi app but can't find it on the Google app store, I'm searching for "BT WiFi" but nothing is coming back..... I have a Pixel 7 Pro phone on the current version of Android.

Have BT discontinued this app ? Is there another way of auto connecting to BT WiFi Hotspots when I'm out and about ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Can't find BT Wi-Fi app in Google store

Go to solution

BTWifi is now EE Wifi

See link

Help & advice | Find WiFi hotspots | EE WiFi

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you for the helpful link.

Am I right in thinking then that there is no equivalent EE WiFi auto connect app available similar to the BT WiFi app to automatically connect to EE WiFi Hotspots when in range?

Kind Regards

Robbie70

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

As far as I am aware there is no app.

As per the link I posted, you would appear to have to connect using a browser and entering your BTID and password.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

That's a little disappointing - the app was very useful as once you'd logged into it the app could then auto connect to any BT WiFi hotspot that it came into range with. ...

It feels as if BT have taken away a useful feature service in their migration to EE. I hope their IT team can get hold of the source code for the app and adapt it for use on the EE network. ...  

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I totally agree, I have it on 2 phones, but decided to change the password and messed it up on my main phone (gives error message). It is still working on my other phone with old password! 

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

well the BT wifi app has disappeared off my Ipad and impossible to get it back on the Apple App Store. Yet another aspect of the dreadful treatment of its customers by BT. They have migrated their BT hotspots to EE, and you have to input your BT data every time to access these hotspots. It is painstaking and BT and EE seem to be deliberately making it so to make customers give up on it….. There is no EE Wifi app either, even if it would have accepted BT logins. BT ARE SO EXASPERATING!

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

NO THERE IS NOT, AND THIS QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
thank you for your comments Albert. Sadly I cant seem to "undo" the Resolved status of this question - otherwise your post would have encouraged me to do just that.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

@robbie70 

The question was answered here https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Can-t-find-BT-Wi-Fi-app-in-Google-store/m-...

There is no app any more, I suspect it was too difficult to support EE hotspots transmitted from two different network and routers.

Most mobile packages now, have reasonable data allowances, so the usefulness of an EE app, would be rather limited, and of more use on a tablet or laptop.

0 Ratings