cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 406

Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution

I've tried updating BT Virus Protect from McAfee to Norton. Press "Update" and I get a "Server Error" from Norton. I then get an email from BT to say my Norton subscription is activated. How do I download and install Norton? BT technical tells me to contact Norton which seems wrong. It passes the problem back to me!

0 Ratings
405 REPLIES 405
Message 2 of 406

Re: Can't update from McAfee to Norton

Go to solution
Yes I have the same problem.
Message 3 of 406

Go to solution

I've noticed reading the first post on here that today is the first day you can update. Doesn't bode well does it? I did a chat with Norton and the person on the other end really didn't understand the BT connection!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 406

Go to solution

Having the same problem, server error. Glad I'm not the only one, but quick fix needed.

Message 5 of 406

Go to solution

Thanks all for bringing this to our attention.

We are aware of the problem and are working to fix it asap. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @jimhooper , @catsatmat  and @macspot .

We would like to take a closer look at this for you so I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 406

Re: Important updates to your virus and password protection

Go to solution
Mobile app is still McAfee, requires activation code. Will it be switching to Norton.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 406

Go to solution

Hi @paularmstrong63 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. The new app went live in the Google Play store around 10am this morning and will gradually get rolled out to customers over time – over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, if you already have the McAfee version of the BT Virus Protect app installed, it will continue to work as normal. At some point later your device will receive the automatic update, which you will need to update on your device - just as you would update any app. After that, you will have to login with you BTID credentials just once to activate. Please note, we are aware of an issue preventing some customers from logging in at present. We’re actively trying to put that right. We’ll be back to let you know when we’ve resolve it.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 406

Go to solution

Yes, same problem with me. Spoke to someone on BT Help line. She said they were unaware of the issue (see post by moderator on here!!!). She also told me she could do nothing and it was a Norton problem. I haven't contacted Norton yet. Will wait for this thread to resolve.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 406

Go to solution

Problems already I get any error trying to upgrade to Norton2021-12-13 11_31_54-Window.png