cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Cancelling Game Pass Ultimate (Not a BT/EE member)

Hello.

Few months ago I bought one of these codes from a third party code selling website that automatically renews and it belongs to BT/EE.
My account and the code is now associated with a random BT/EE customers account and I cant cancel the subscription on my account.
Unfortunately, neither Microsoft support or the seller can help, and not sure how should I contact BT/EE about it either since they dont have any support email since I'm not a BT/EE customer.
I have seen mods on this forum helping out people with similar situation, please unlink my account!
If you need any details please let me know.

Thank you.

@imjolly @PaddyB 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cancelling Game Pass Ultimate (Not a BT/EE member)

Based on previous posts by BT/EE customers on this forum and actions taken by BT/EE, it's highly likely that the code you purchased was fraudulently obtained by the third party seller and I can't imagine that BT/EE will be particularly helpful in helping you untangle the mess you've created by trying to save a couple of quid.... 

Ahh well 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Why wouldnt they able to help if BT/EE are the ones controlling the subscription and considering the situation it shouldnt even be active to begin with?
They do in fact help people out in this situation by reaching out to the Xbox BT EE team for them.
And why are you blaming me for this? I didnt know, it seemed legit and it worked for a while. And also its not just a few quid, it was a fraction of the price if I would have actually bought it from Microsoft. For someone living in a third world country thats a huge difference... 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@sziszike15 

The fact that the cost was a fraction of the correct price must have made you wonder if it was  genuine or some sort of scam.   if it seems to good to be true then normally it isn't

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @sziszike15,

Thank you for posting. What @NigelB72 has said is correct. The Game Pass you bought from the 3rd Party seller has been fraudulently obtained. Without a BT account, we've no way of unlinking your Xbox Account.

Thanks,

Paddu

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @PaddyB

I understand but what can we do about it? If neither you guys or microsoft can do anything about it then my account is screwed? I just have to make a new account because for some reason you guys cant unlink two accounts that has nothing to do with each other? Dont really understand, like it should be unlinked by default, people shouldnt even have to request this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@sziszike15 Your cheap Gamepass had been fraudulently linked to a genuine BT customers account potentially causing them great distress at the thought of their account being compromised. As a result, they probably had to stop all of their bank and credit cards, notify their bank, change all of their passwords for everything, update all their their payment details, possibly had bills default whilst they were trying to sort of this mess that was no fault of their own etc etc... and you're moaning that you might need to set up a new Xbox account because you tried to save a few quid???  🤣

I think you'll find there is no sympathy to be had for your woes...  Set up a new Xbox account and put this down to one of life's lessons 

0 Ratings