cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Licences on BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Hello, I hope someone can help?

My BT Virus Protect has just been updated to the latest version.  I have a question about licences.  My package includes up to 15 licences and this is shown on my account.

AandB_0-1630829141986.png

However, when I look within the app itself it suggests that I only have two licences.

AandB_1-1630829405087.png

Has anyone else come across this issue and resolved it?  I know I'm not yet at the limit of licences but just want to preserve options for the future.

With many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Licences on BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Hi @AandB, thanks for posting and it's strange that it gives 2 different numbers for the licenses.

Have you tried uninstalling and installing the app again to see if that corrects the number?
Do you have more than 1 BT account linked to your BTID?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

I have the same issue in that my Halo 2 in MyBT says 15 licences but the updated BT Virus app say 2.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the BT Virus app on both machines using the functions to reinstall via MyBT and it is still the same.

I did have an issue with a spurious second account added to my profile, that was just for a Homehub, years ago but that was resolved by the high level complaints team and MyBT doesn't show any second account.

I also did have an issue previously with a disparity in licence numbers brought about by my broadband package being an older one that had 15 licences but newer ones from a certain date only having 2 . That showed on MyBT and was resolved by the high level team again.

As Halo 2 is now no longer sold and is classed as legacy could this be a reason for the issue but if it was I would think that the MyBT BT Virus section would also reflect the same licences numbers/totals and in any case my contract, which is still in force till the end of next year, says 15 and it should show that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Hi, @AandB & @chamber_boy thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry for any concern caused. I'll raise this with our BT Virus protect team and will post back here when I have an update from them. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

Many thanks @NeilO and @chamber_boy. 

If it helps at all then it sounds as if my package history is very similar to @chamber_boy in that I too was a Halo 2 customer i.e. now legacy product.  I haven't yet tried @JohnC2  suggestion. I hold fire on that for now given @chamber_boy experience.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

Hi, @AandB & @chamber_boy Our Virus Protect team have requested your BT account details to help them investigate this for you, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send these over.

You'll find the private message by clicking on the envelope in the top right of the community.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Hi @AandB & @chamber_boy, Many thanks for bringing this to our attention and sending over your details and screenshots to assist with our investigations. I want to reassure you that you still have 15 licences available and there's no need to worry about the PC app only showing 2.

We will work with McAfee to get this fixed in the future and in the meantime this will not affect your ability to get more licences allocated to other devices from the MyBT website. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

Many thanks @NeilO  for your help and reassurance. Much appreciated.

Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Yes thanks to the Mod team for looking in to this for us.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Re: Licences on BT Virus Protect NOT SOLVED

Go to solution

My package also has 15 licences AND USING 5 of them. BUT recent BT change to Norton Virus Protect gives only two licences unless you are on the most expensive Broadband packages… this is to change fully on 31 March 2022. However, a lot of us have it stipulated in our contracts that we have 15 licences. So will this be a breach of our contracts if they are still operating after 31 March?

0 Ratings