cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

MyBT app Restart my Hub not working

After a power failure some of my smart wifi devices don’t always reconnect, so the remote Hub restart function in the MyBT app has been invaluable when I’m away from home. It solves the issue. However after a recent router failure BT sent me a HomeHub 6 and the remote restart function no longer works. The app gives me the message “Restart Failed. Sorry we timed out.”

Is this functionality no longer supported? Thanks for any helpful insight.

Z

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: MyBT app Restart my Hub not working

@Zaphod-CGC 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

The Home hub 6 does not exist.

See https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/different-types-of-bt-hub

I believe that the remote reset feature was only implemented on the Smart Hub 2, when its admin features were moved over to the app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for the rapid reply. Then I’m confused. I used to have a BT Smart Hub and the remote restart function worked reliably. I needed to use it quite frequently as power failures are common. Then after a recent hub failure BT sent an identical looking replacement router that is labelled “BTHub6”. The MyBT app restart hub function no longer works. Z
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

If the home hub is identical, there are two possibilities.

The firmware may not be up to date and does not support that function yet. If you can access all of the settings like access controls, from the web interface, then that means its old firmware, as that function was removed on the later versions.

The other possibility is that the new hub serial number has not been registered against your BT account, on the BT remote management system that sends commands to the home hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Access features are available from the web interface. Extract from tech log below. Z

EEBBA278-330A-4F26-844F-427735142704.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Can you access Wi-Fi controls that restrict what devices can connect, as that feature was removed.

As for the firmware version, you will have to see if other forum members can help with this, as I use a home hub 4 (ADSL).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Can’t see where wifi control restrictions would be in the web interface.
Thanks again for your advice and patience. Z
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

It used to be under "access controls" or similar.

Its quite possible its the second reason I said, why you cannot restart the hub.

Can you access Wi-Fi controls from the BT app, as I think that also requires that your account is linked to the hub serial number?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Broadband security and BT Cloud can be controlled. Don’t see wifi access controls.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Then it looks like the app has no link to your new hub via your account. How long ago did BT give you the replacement hub?

The option to restart must have shown before if you could do it.

I suspect that its old firmware on the hub. That again relies on the system knowing the new serial number so it can push updates. I am not sure how this is kept updated.

0 Ratings