cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Norton Password Manager for iPhone

BT offers a nice Norton Tool - a Password Manager.  This I have sent up on our web browsers on our MAC

I also wish to use the the iOS version on my phone and also be able to link the iPhone to the vault so I see these on the go and also use the phone to unlock the vault for the MAC.

Having downloaded the app on my iPhone I assumed I would just use the master BT account name and password to unlock the Norton Password App.  This does not work and I can not find any information how to link the BT Norton password account to the iOS device.

On the Norton Password Manager app is does offer signing in with with "your service provider", which requires a Partner Code. If this is required how do I generate one?

Thanks, Woody

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Norton Password Manager for iPhone

If I recall correctly, the code is simply 'BT'

Then it should present you with a BT login page.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Pete31

That worked !!! Thanks for recommendation to use BT as the code.  Shame this was not documented in the set-up process or the help/FAQ.

Thanks Woody

Message 4 of 6

Some additional advice please.

I wish to have my wife have her own Norton Password Vault.  I have added the extension to the web browser on her login on the MAC and gone to the BT log-in page.  Using her BT email account log in details to log in Norton Password manager via the web it is not recognising her BT credentials. I have verified that the email login is correct, testing it by logging into BT web mail.

My question is does this tool work for other BT email account holders or just the primary BT account holder?

Thanks, Woody

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Just from my own experience, I don't think it's possible to have more than one vault with the BT supplied Norton Password manager. It's probably necessary to look for alternative free or paid password managers. There are many to choose from.

Occasionally there are technical problems with Norton which mean it may not be possible to log in for several hours, usually not more than one day. Because of such situations it's a good idea to have at least some frequently-needed passwords in a different place. I've tried for a while Nordpass, the free version is ok for me, its main limitation being that logging in on one device, such as a phone, will cause other sessions such as on a laptop to be logged out, and vice versa. But nothing is actually lost, it just might be a minor inconvenience.

Another one which I looked at but have only very slight acquaintance with is Proton Pass, again there are free or paid versions. Previously Proton had only an email system but has expanded the range of its offerings.

There are many other choices of course.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

As you have iPhones and Mac why don’t you use the Apple Passwords where you and your wife would have passwords linked to your individual Apple IDs? With IOS17 you can also share passwords.

Edit: You can export your passwords from Norton and import them into Apple passwords.

0 Ratings