cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Parental Controls - on when they're off..!

Hi all, I am having issues with Parental Controls.

When I turn them off in the App, they are ineffective, in that all sites are still blocked on various PCs/laptops.

However,  I can access blocked sites on my mobile (all devices are using the same hub).

And conversely, if Parental Controls are switched on, I can still access blocked sites on my mobile when I shouldn't be able to, and I am unable to access blocked sites on my PC/laptops.

I have tried a hub factory reset(twice) with no luck. Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental Controls - on when they're off..!

I'm still having this issue... is anyone able to help please? Could it be a faulty hub issue? How can I determine how old my hub is? Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I was told by the helpdesk (150) on the 27th Feb that there is a known issue with Parental Controls settings not getting applied in the network properly, meaning that MyBT reports that they're applied, but the router/hub or whatever network elements need to be updated actually aren't. They told me that they'd just had a helpdesk briefing about it, and that their advice is to leave your settings "as is" and they will be automatically re-applied in the network when the issue is resolved. They also said that customers will receive a message when this happens (didn't elaborate as to what type of message or how).

Still ongoing though, and no comms about it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks MrBear! Mine still not working... very frustrating...

0 Ratings