cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Parental controls not working

I've been having problems with parental controls for more than a week now. Last week I realised that they were on their strictest setting and I couldn't make any changes (BT.com seemed to show that I had made changes and I got the emails but nothing ever changed). Then last night I noticed that they were actually OFF. So with having 3 children under 16 who I didn't want to be accessing anything and everything I quickly turned them on (apparently). According to BT.com they are on (although they aren't!) so to check I've asked it to specifically block bbc.co.uk and google.com! I can still access those sites though. I have spoken to BT at least half a dozen times and although I'm told that they'll phone me back they never do. Has anyone had similar issues and how did they fix it please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Parental controls not working

Hi @stevec3 and welcome.

Thanks for posting about the parental controls, sorry you're having problems. I can get this looked into for you. I'll need a few details so check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Steve
You might want to delete the above message as everyone can see your home address/tel number (I believe you can private message the moderater direct)
I too am having a similar issue (and I believe others are too - have you tried a factory reset? It didn't work for me but you neve know). I emailed BT and am currently liaising with them via phone.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Joanna
I did think that I was replying to a private message, but to be honest I'm happy for people to come round to my house and ask me what I think of BT customer service. So far they've closed my complaint 3 times, but never actually done anything! I'll have to reopen it on Monday

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@stevec3 

That request by @DavidM should have been sent to you by Private message, so it looks like its gone wrong. Its sent automatically by a special script.

If you would like to send a Private Message to @DavidM , with that same information, it should end up in the right place.

Start here https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

And then you should be able to either send a new message to him, or reply to any message he may have sent.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Yes I was too quick to believe that it was a private message, but it wasn't asking for my bank details, mother's maiden name, first pet, favourite film etc 😂
0 Ratings