cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Parental controls wont turn off

Go to solution

Okay, so in the last few days if i try to access certain site, I get a blue screen telling me I can't because the account holder has enabled a light filter on parental controls.  I am the account holder and I haven't enabled this feature, when I log in I can see the parental controls are set to inactive.  

The blue screen also tells me I can allow access to a particular site for a staed period of time but wjen I try I am informed that I do not have permission as I am not the account holder. I am the only account holder.

This happens with al devices and all browsers. 

I am a professional writer and this is interferring with my research. Help.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Parental controls wont turn off

Go to solution

Hi @DavidGoff welcome to the forum and sorry you are having a problem with the Parental Controls. 

As the Parental Controls are showing as inactive try a Reset of The BT Home Hub and see if that works.

cheers

John 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks John,

Also advised by live chat to do that. Will try tomorrow as others are workingg on the web tonight. Ill let you know if it works.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Sadly, that didn't work.  Same sites blocked, same messages.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @DavidGoff thanks for trying that and sorry it hasn't resolved the issue. Can I ask you to try one more thing and Turn Off Web Protect and see if you can then reach the websites.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

John, I appreciate your help and patience.

I have now turned web protect off. It says it could take 2 hours to come into effect so I guess Ill try again around noon.

Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

And that didn't work either. Same problem persists.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @DavidGoff, thanks for trying and sorry it hasn't worked. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

John, I appreciate your help.

I can see from a web search that this has happened tp otherd before but I cant find a fix.  I have sent the message as you suggested

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

"We are due to contact you on on 20 Mar 2021 between 12:00 and 14:00." 

And so yet another day where BT said they would contact me but didn't. Why say you are going to call if that isn't the case? It just adds to the frustration. I think thats about 6 of these pointless messages I've had on my case so far. The origibnal issues still persists.

0 Ratings