cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Update to BT virus protect by Norton. Server Error message

Go to solution

I have been trying to update from McAfee to Norton for the last 2 months but repeatedly get "Server Error" just tells me to try again !! 

ianken_0-1647178182160.png

Any ideas what works ??????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Update to BT virus protect by Norton. Server Error message

Go to solution

Hi Ian, 

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems updating to BT Virus Protect by Norton.

That error message can happen if there is more than one BT ID link to an account. Do you have more than 1 BT ID?

Please can you check that your BT ID has Account Holder status? You can find out more here - how to claim BT Account Holder status. 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

I do have two as when the Broadband account was set up some years ago there was a problem which they couldn't fix so they restarted the broadband account again hence me having two ID's.

When I log into myBT and visit account details I only have one account holder and no account sharing or multiple accounts.

hope this makes sense, Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

hi Paddy

Norton antivirus is now downloaded I reset my account details on my 1st account and that appears to have worked

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @ianken ,

Thanks for getting back and letting us know you got this sorted. We appreciate you taking time to do that.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I have the same problem, Although I only have an Account manger in the account, i am on a mac using ChromeScreenshot 2022-04-25 at 21.07.28.png

0 Ratings