cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 120

Re: Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Issue - System down down for maintenance

Thanks for your advice. What a mess, I never thought it would be so difficult. And to think in the long run BT should be making some money from multiple accounts they buy from Microsoft. They need to sort it.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 120

Hi I am also seeing this error message when trying to activate my pass. 

Can someone from BT please help?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 120

Bt are subsidising the payments it'll be a 1 month initial  code which bt organise payment to Microsoft for 5 months after. at least that's what was in my email. 

I'm only going by what sorted mines out guys , but the customer service on option 2 are extremely helpful as are advisors/mods on here. The community actually is a good place for genuine help and support etc glad I joined up. My very first post about this issue and my reward card was back a while ago now. I'd tried adding it since late December early January and no joy. 

Bt should definitely be thankful of their customer service taking calls they are 💯 the only reason I wouldn't cancel down anything.  The service with engineers and other tech type stuff is horrible in personal experience and opinion.  

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 120

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys. It looks like I’ll have to contact BT directly then. Shame as the game pass that came with my Xbox expires in 2 days. Would’ve looked into it sooner if I’d known.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 120

Re: Xbox Games Pass Issues "Unable to process your request. Please try again."

Thanks for letting me know you got the code @ACULED 

I'm glad I was able to get that sorted for you.

Cheers

David

Message 26 of 120

Hello, I am having the same issue as well if someone from BT could please help?

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 120

Well after calls to BT in the end I never managed to get it redeemed or fixed since they seem to have never heard nothing about it. Now its gone from my products so I guess that's how it ends. Hope you all have more luck than me. o/
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 120

I wouldn’t give up. BT advertise on their website that if you sign up for a certain broadband package you can get 6 months of game pass free and then £10 after that. I’m on the fibre Halo deal. There are a few links in this forum to BT staff who apparently will get this sorted but it takes a few days. I am still waiting for my activation but feel confident I will hear next week. Meanwhile my XBox S gathers dust behind my TV…

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 120

I  would not be concerned about the expiration of the deal if you first approached BT within the 14 day offer period. Ring back and be polite but persistent and consider raising a formal complaint if they are unable to assist. A formal complaint allows you to escalate to the ombudsman as a last resort. See BTs complaints handling procedures for how to do this if BT are unable to resolve your complaint.

I rang back and I'm now waiting 5 working days for the activation code via email. Fingers crossed. The trick was to be specific, as previous posters have noted. I stated that the activation site is offline, quoted the error message and specifically asked the customer services agent to submit a manual activation request.

If you get fobbed off about time expiration of the deal be firm but polite if you first contacted BT within the 14 day period and be prepared to provide evidence such as emails, date/time of previous calls etc. With regards to provision of goods and services by a business to a consumer, be aware of your statuatory rights, your contractual rights and consider contacting Trading Standards and/or the Advertising Standards Agency if you feel a service provider haven't provided a contracted or advertised product or service respectively.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 120

I totally agree Wildyman. I must admit though I missed the 14 days part and didn’t see it on the T/Cs. My Xbox came with 3 months game pass and I thought I would use the BT deal after that.

but at the end of the day if and when I use the BT deal they will, after 6 months, be getting £10 pm from me and surely they make a tiny amount of money from that as you would think Microsoft would give them a deal. So surely BT want to get this sorted.

it really is a shame it has to be so complicated. I had no idea it would be like this.