cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Xbox game pass 12 months Free and Stacked membership

Ive just had full fibre 900 installed and redeemed the offer of 12 months game pass ultimate. I had game pass stacked previously and it now looks like this has been removed from my xbox account and bt have taken over. 

I thought that the 12 months would just add to the subscription i had left. 

Anyone had any experience of this and managed to get it sorted?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Xbox game pass 12 months Free and Stacked membership

I've got the exact same issue.

Had 11 months left on my game pass ultimate before I applied the BT membership (which was 1 month), this then transferred billing ownership to BT, who say I'll start paying £10 a month from August 2023.

Microsoft support unhelpful, say that the BT code was only for one month and therefore I have one year.

What it looks like is that both the xbox 11 months and BT free 12 months will tick down at the same time and I'll end up losing out on the benefits.

Let me know if you've managed to sort this 😞

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I contacted both BT and Xbox via chat and they state that my original sub should continue after, the free year. 

I've got copies of the chat will just have to wait and see what happens and complain if it doesn't 

I got the following reply from the Microsoft forums which seems to suggest that it will carry over 

I got this response from the Microsoft forums

This is interesting, as I wouldn't have thought the current subscription you have would just disappear. However, according to their ToU here: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT ts and cs

4. Once you have activated the service the Xbox Add-On will be added to your account. If you already have an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate direct from Microsoft, it will automatically be updated to the Xbox Add-On on your next renewal date and added to your BT account.

--Taken from the BT ToU: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT ts and cs

Point 4 says that it should update to the BT add-on on the next renewal date. So, I am wondering if you had two years' worth of monthly memberships or were they year memberships for Game Pass?

6. Xbox Add-On If you had an Xbox Games Pass direct from Microsoft and had accrued passes prior to taking the Xbox Add-On from BT, the accrued passes may still be available so you can access the services.

--Taken from the BT ToU: Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on BT ts and cs

With point 5. It says that if you cancel the add-in. Point 6, quoted above, refers to how you may be able to access the rolling membership you have previously had. However, this is not guaranteed. When you log into your Microsoft subscriptions page, do you see your Game Pass subscription?

You can access subscriptions here: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions

Message 4 of 9

ive had another look into this after looking for advice regarding another issue on the xbox forums. it appears that other users have been left with no control of their subscription when the free period ends. 

my free BT sub ends 20/07/2023 and my xbox game pass app shows I have a sub until 20/02/2024. 

I want to have control of my subscription back without losing access to it and losing any previous time left, has anyone managed to get this sorted????

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-subscription-with-bt/2aca...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I am on the final day of my free 12 months of Game Pass - I cancelled it via the account page. I was just searching about what might happen after today, and found this topic.

The tip to check the Game Pass phone app is interesting, it says I will be subscribed until June - which looks like it is roughly the amount of time I had left when I accepted the 12 months of free Game Pass a year ago. Right now at account.microsoft.com in the subscriptions section it says Game Pass is managed by BT.

Hopefully this means it will revert to 'normal' tomorrow, since something is keeping track of the proper dates - I shall try to let you know. Frankly this is a lot more hassle than the simple 12 months code I was expecting last year.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

And today... looks exactly like yesterday.

I still have access to Game Pass, the phone app still lists the June end date, and the Microsoft account website says it's still managed by BT.

That's fine for now, I suppose. I've yet to see what will happen if I try to add a new prepaid voucher code, or let the time I previously paid for expire.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@MENTAL1ST , apologies for tagging you, but my 1 year BT game pass ends on 7 September and was in these threads about a year ago. You seem to be one of the last post and was wondering if you added a MS code and regained control of your account…..this was the suggested method 12 months ago! Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

I was advised by the xbox team at bt to redeem a code, and this has changed my account back to Microsoft control. Its a bit annoying that I've had to purchase a code to get it sorted as I had over a year of existing subs running
Message 9 of 9

I did use a code, one month of Ultimate from redeemed MS Reward points, actually. As soon as the MS code was applied, the management went back to normal, and I didn’t lose out on any of the membership I had paid for.