cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

AMC

I notice that AMC doesn’t seem to be promoted in the current  marketing of BT TV Flexible TV Packs

ie If you click to see what you get with Entertainment   big Entertainment etc on the marketing page

the AMC channel is not listed ( it used to be listed as Other channel in the promotion ., now only Discovery is listed there)

is this simply an omission or is the channel no longer being offered on new subscriptions .

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: AMC

It's still available on new subscriptions, but isn't being advertised for reasons that will be announced soon.
Message 3 of 29

That reason being it’s getting shut down? 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 29

@Kimbrich6 wouldn't surprise me as AMC's attempt at launching their own flagship around the world failed massively when they realised they'd actually licensed all of their decent content out and left themselves with the rubbish that nobody else wanted 🤣

FTWD started out good and went downhill rapidly and NOS4AT was ok... Everything else pretty meh 

Message 5 of 29

They have a few good films but the on screen logo is so huge it’s quite off putting 😂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 29

I would have thought that The Walking Dead : Dead City series would/should have been a logical series to appear on AMC .

Not sure if related but AMC international  did announce a new  appointment in July 

https://www.amcnetworks.com/press-releases/sam-rowden-promoted-to-newly-created-role-of-vice-preside...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 29

My guess is AMC+ launches and there is a change to the channel In some way , perhaps it becomes a movie only channel , In the spain where AMC+ launched, the channel is basically a movie only channel now.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 29

Comms are now being sent out. AMC (the channel, and all catch up content) is being removed from all BT TV platforms from September 28th.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 29

Yep I'm on the phone to retentions now and have reduced my VIP by £20 a month and now tapping them up for money off my broadband 👌

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 29

Where are these comms posted, or are they released to other websites as statements?

I hope there are more additions in the future, rather than ones being removed..