cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

I am unable to access any of my Apps on my BT Box e.g. BBC iplayer, Netflix, My5, ITV hub. Just says 'unavailable  try again or go to BT.com/ terrors and search for VYM105.  But ...... there's nothing there when I do this! I can watch Netflix on my phone tho. Anyone else got this problem? What can I do, is only happened last few days.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Apps

Go to solution

Hi @pjkpjkenne 

I  suspect the error code  you experienced is YVM105 .

a few things to try are described 

https://www.bt.com/help/fix-your-bt-error-code-problem

YVM105

Follow these steps to try and fix these YVM errors:

1. First try restarting your TV box by flicking the switch on the back. Now retry the service to see if you still get an error
  2. If you still get the error make sure the On Demand players are up to date. To do this, press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Software Information > Update Software and press OK
  3. Once your box has checked and installed any available updates, retry the service to see if you still get an error
  4. You may need to accept the 'Terms of Use' before you can access Catch-up and On Demand services on BT TV. Press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Information & Reset > Terms of use > Accept
  5. Check the connection between your Hub and TV box. If you use Powerline adapters restart both adapters and check they are in sync.
  6. Check your box is connected to your network. To do this, press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Signal & Connection > Broadband Connection. It should show “Connected” next to 'Status'
  7. If the 'Wired Connection' is set to 'AUTO' and the 'Network Connection Status' is showing 'DISCONNECTED', attempt to re-connect by selecting Wired Connection from the menu, selecting NEXT and press the OK button. If the device connects, retry the service

If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment:

1. First, restart your Hub
  2. Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
  3. Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back
  4. Now check if you still receive the error
  5. If you still can't use your BT TV service then contact the BT TV Helpdesk >

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you, it worked, all now ok.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, first thing I did was switch off, count to ten and then switch on!

I did a Software Update and it did update it but did not fix the problem,

I checked the Apps but all uptodate.

If go to Settings - Terms of Use does not have 'Accept', just 'Done'

I bypassed the Powerlines with along RJ45 cable that I have

When I go to App, when I select one, I get the Loading and white blobs, screen goes black and then the YouView screen before going back to channel selected.

Broadband connection - show wired with the IP address.  It is on Automatic connection

I used to have to reset it frequently but not done for ages. Trying to the copy of the reset instructions.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @JMB 

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

OK now

After trying various things, I did a Factory Reset and that fixed it.

Thanks.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Really helpful. Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@pjkpjkenne 

I presume BT.com/terrors was a Freudian slip? If not, it isn’t somewhere I would like to go 😛

The way to remember the prefix for the error messages though, is that it is short for YouViewMessage. Simples…

0 Ratings