cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Are there any sensible BT employees here?

Go to solution

Just spent 20 minutes attempting to tell an operative that my fathers BT box is unresponsive and it will not take any input from either the remote control or the buttons on the box itself.   We have tried unplugging it, leaving it, putting power back to it, but nothing helps, it fires up and shows a channel but then it simply refuses to take any input after that. 

Luckily, he had an old box which is now in place but he's lost the functionality he had with the faulty box, namely record, etc, and tried explaining to the operative that it looks like he may need a new box but was sent around the houses and told to check what colour lights were on the box (not at my fathers property) then to follow a procedure that they were sending via "message" which never came through, and I'm STILL not at my fathers property, in the end I gave up and refuse to phone the tech team because I know I'll have the same runaround.

Anyone here from BT that can follow a simple "we need a new box" instruction?

Cheers

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Are there any sensible BT employees here?

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

HI there, and thanks for the reply, I had kinda guessed that would be the case but thought I'd reach out before trying another route, just frustrates me when it's an obvious issue, we cannot do a thing with the box, and "tech support" can barely understand what it is you're actually trying to tell them!

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @marko2002, welcome to the forum and sorry you were not able to get this resolved when you called.

Try a Factory Reset of the TV box first and if that doesn't work we'll be happy to help you get it replaced.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi John, thanks for the advice but unfortunately as I've already explained, the box is unresponsive to any form of input, I googled how to reset by holding the arrow button, did this for about 30 seconds, nothing, it just will not take any input from the buttons or the remote.

Just to recap:

Tried unplugging for 5 minutes, didn't resolve

Tried unplugging for 30 mins, didn't resolve

Tried resetting with buttons on device, buttons appear not to work.  The only thing that did work on the box and the remote was the power button, no other buttons will do anything.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @marko2002, thanks for clarifying that. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Appreciate it John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @marko2002, thanks for getting in touch and I've ordered a replacement BT TV box and this should arrive on Thursday.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the help John, sincerely appreciate it 🙂