cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT TV Pro - Live Channels without Superhub

Go to solution

Hi. I'm a new BT FTTP customer. Rather than use the Superhub, I have my used my existing ASUS Zenwifi mesh router in PPPoE mode. All works great. But...

Does the BT TV Pro need to be connected to the Superhub to receive live TV?

It can do TVOD via the apps, but errors if you try to watch live TV (IPC6023). I've got an Apple TV that does TVOD apps so I don't need another box for this, but live TV over the interwebs would be good. I have Freesat on my TV so it's not a biggie, but was hoping to use it in the bedroom.

It seemed to work fine when I set it up and had it attached to the Superhub before I sorted out the ASUS system. Any pointers  would be gratefully received. Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT TV Pro - Live Channels without Superhub

Go to solution

I believe you need to use the router supplied by BT for the BT TV Pro to pick up the channels properly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
You mean I watched that awful intro video with Rylan and Robbie Savage for no reason? That sucks. Thanks anyway. One BT TV pro box going into the loft for eternity. Unless someone wants it back?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

It's all down to IP mode and the subscription channels perhaps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

If you no longer require the TV part of your package and you are within your 14 day cooling off period you can call BT and cancel that part of your package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
TBH I'm happy with the offering - I can access Netflix, NowTV, Discovery+ via my AppleTV. The only advantage of the BT TV Pro is the recording of Live TV. Sadly the number of apps on it is quite limited in comparison. I have an ageing Humax Freesat box that can also record TV, so I'm not disadvantaged by not using it.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
0 Ratings