cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT YouView Pro box noise in standy

Hi All

Quick one regarding a new pro box setup. I'm hearing noise from it (presume hard drive/fan) when it's in standby mode, not recording anything. The older 4k box was silent when turned off, but this seems louder. Settings are the same (smart setup, rather than power save).

Is it normal to have fan and disk noise when off?

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT YouView Pro box noise in standy

anyone noticed this same issue? Going to call BT and ask about it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi. 

Did you get an answer in the end? Found your question when looking for an answer to the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@mattj84 my TV Box is silent when its switched off (using recommended power settings) but then it sits about 3 yards away from where I sit when watching TV. If yours is making noise, when did it start doing this and if its been fully powered off for a while eg leave it unplugged from the mains for a night and then power it up the next day, does that make a difference? If it was mine, I'd catch up and watch my recorded programs and then do a factory reset on it (which will delete any recorded programs - hence watch them first). Its really important that any of the gear BT/EE provides has unlimited air circulation around it - this means it mustn't be enclosed eg in a cupboard or under TV stand with enclosed compartments.

If your TV Box still makes noise either when cold or warm after some time in use and you've done a factory reset, I'd phone BT and see what can be done to get a replacement.

0 Ratings