cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Youview box not going into deep sleep anymore?

Go to solution

Over the past few days I have noticed that the box is not waking up from deep sleep but is turning fully on within a few seconds.  It has also on occasion turned on switched to a different TV channel than what it was when I turned it off.  I have tried a physical powering off and on using the switch on the rear of the box with no effect on this behaviour.

I am thinking that maybe there is a ghost timer stuck in its memory which is making it think it needs to be ready to record at any time but I am open to any other suggestions as to what it may be.

If push comes to shove I will try the reset keeping recordings solution but I am loath to lose my existing recording schedule and even more so my existing watch list.

Unless the latest firmware update has speeded up the deep sleep turn on time by a million percent?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Youview box not going into deep sleep anymore?

Go to solution
Assume you've checked the power settings to confirm that it's in a mode that would put it into deep sleep (and confirm the times that this would happen)?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Yep. Changed from the timed settings smart mode to the full time energy saver mode and still doing it (and yes allowing for the ten minutes it takes for the box to turn fully off from when first put into standby).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
I can't find any open tickets on this. Can you confirm which box you have? I'll ask the test team to verify.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
It is a DTRT4000 running 32.148.0.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Done the Factory Reset (keeping recordings) this morning and it is still not going into Energy Saver mode. Have to say, for me that is pointing the finger at a bug in the recent software update.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

There was no recent software update on the T4000 - 32.148.0 was released in May. There was a recent config change, however it shouldn't have affected power settings. I've confirmed that my T4000 still works exactly as it should.
It's being investigated though.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

My thought there was a recent update was based on the box wanting to do a power cycle to complete some change or other. I have one other theory as to what it may be but I need to wait another hour or two to check if that fits.

That said my earlier thought about a ghost timer being stuck in the machine has not been completely ruled out as I noticed that the factory reset restored all my existing timers.  If there was a way of deleting the suspect channel W rather than just hiding it then that may be enough to stop the box acting on the rogue timer.   Do you have a way of looking at the raw timer data at your end to see what my box thinks it is waiting to record?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Well, well, well! Just tried pairing my phone with the Youview box and lo and behold! A timer for WI v India 2nd Test, Day 1 from the 21st July marked as "rescheduled" but not showing up on the listing on the Youview box. Now deleted it via the phone and lets see if that fixes it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
Voila! Once I remembered to unpair my phone again and reset power management to Energy Saver then it finally has gone back into deep sleep ... just need to reset to Smart Mode for easier evening usage and I am back to where I was before that ghost timer decided to outstay its welcome. I thought a timer expired by the next day if the programme never actually got broadcast?
0 Ratings