cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT bluetooth remote battery problems

Go to solution

Hi

Just wondered if this is a fault with the remote.

My partners bluetooth remote constantly needs new batteries. We have tried using duracell and tried resetting the remote too (based on other forum suggestions we found).  The batteries don't seem to last more than 2 to 3 weeks.

I have the same box at my home and I've had the same batteries in for the last 12 months despite me using the remote a lot more often. 

I contacted BT via live chat and the adviser simply wouldn't have it. He said battery life of 2 to 3 weeks for a remote was normal. He insisted that there was nothing he could do and that she ought to use duracell batteries despite my insistence that those are the batteries we use. 

Is there anyone who can help? It sounds to me that the remote has a fault particularly when we don't even watch TV so much at hers.

Thank you 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT bluetooth remote battery problems

Go to solution

It definitely sounds like the remote has a fault. We've had our Pro Box since launch and it's still on the original batteries.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@Mo_dawoodwrote:

I contacted BT via live chat and the adviser simply wouldn't have it. He said battery life of 2 to 3 weeks for a remote was normal. He insisted that there was nothing he could do and that she ought to use duracell batteries despite my insistence that those are the batteries we use. 

Did you keep a record of who you "Live Chatted" with? Being told you were wrong without a shred of evidence is an insult!
Seems this individual requires some further training and how to use some empathy - it costs nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Mo_dawood welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That sounds like a faulty remote to me too and I'm so sorry you didn't get help via live chat. 

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can contact the community moderators and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

His name was Sanjeeb. When I asked if he could escalate it further, he said there was little point as his manager would say the same. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Neil.

I'll get these details from my partner and reply to your message.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Mo_dawood Thanks for sending over your details I've made arrangements for a replacement remote to be posted. Please can you post back to let us know if that's helped?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings