cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT box has lost all schedule recordings and won't allow to record anything

Go to solution
  • Since yesterday our BT box has wiped all schedule recordings and won't allow any recordings of any programmes. Plus it takes more than a minute to switch from normal TV to TNT. Nothing has changed and we haven't done an update. We've switched everything off and rebooted both the box and the router. Is it a box fault? 
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT box has lost all schedule recordings and won't allow to record anything

Go to solution

Hi Joanne,

I had the same problem.

See this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/Cannot-record-and-all-scheduled-recordings-disappeared/m-p... .

A new box was the solution for me.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
  • Thanks, I've just read your posts. It's very similar, just we didn't do an update. It's weird that it's happening at the same time! Our box is about 5 years old, so yes maybe that's the problem. Very annoying though! Hubby cannot record bike racing on TNT so had to watch it,right now 🙄😔
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@JoanneF Whilst you wait for a new box, the Discovery+ app will allow you to watch the events after they have finished (also supports live and you can watch from the start even if you are only slightly behind). They seem to keep them on there for a few weeks. Plus, you have options to jump to specific items via the menus (pressing the up arrow during playback)

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

With the usual caveat about chase-playing live coverage is that showing event markers (goals, wickets etc) on the playbar is on by default and are in your face spoilers. I think only supposed to show markers up to the point you have watched but I have seen occasions when they have got that wrong and shown everything up to live.  Plus, even if you turn them off they get turned on again whenever you skip forward or back!

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@JoanneF  yes the Discovery + app is extremely  useful  for the bikes sports. It would  be included in your package but as I suspect  your (5 year old box) predates the Box Pro era the app itself is not yet on the older boxes so a different device would be needed to view currently. 

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi folks, I have contacted @JoanneF to offer some help and assistance but great to see forum helping out with some great suggestions on the app stuff too, thanks to everyone who replied there.

The point about availability of the D+ app on older Humax devices is a good one. Though it is accessible via mobile and web browsers for at the moment,  you'll hopefully see some progress on the box front soon.

thanks

David