cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BTTV Box Pro Internet Connection Keeps dropping

Hi, I've recently received a replacement BTTV Box Pro (previous box had sound and judder issues) - I've set the box up for internet mode and have connected to router via ethernet cable - all works fine until box goes into standby - when the box wakes again it can't establish internet connection and I have to reboot the router every time. I have no issues with broadband on other devices. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BTTV Box Pro Internet Connection Keeps dropping

I'd try setting a static IP address on the Box. When you have a connection, go to Settings > Broadband Connection Advanced > Edit > Manual. The DHCP address assigned by the router should be displayed (192.168.1.xxx). Cursor left then cursor right to the last set of numbers on the right. Use the number pad to enter a value below 64, eg 010. Then Connect.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you for the suggestion - I made recommended change last night but unfortunately I had to reboot bt hub halo 3 again this morning to pick up channels on bt tv box pro

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Odd. You say this is a replacement box, I take it you didn't have the same issue with the original?

Might be worth revisiting the setting, just make sure the changes "stuck".

Is it just the EPG that's empty or do apps not work either?

Next step would be a factory reset of the Hub via a paper clip. But be aware that if you have Digital Voice it may wipe out your contacts, so you'll need to back those up first.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi Rbz,

Many thx for help on this - answers inline below....

Odd. You say this is a replacement box, I take it you didn't have the same issue with the original?

- No, it was sound and judder I had with previous box

Might be worth revisiting the setting, just make sure the changes "stuck".

- It stuck

Is it just the EPG that's empty or do apps not work either?

- Just EPG - apps are fine

Next step would be a factory reset of the Hub via a paper clip. But be aware that if you have Digital Voice it may wipe out your contacts, so you'll need to back those up first.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi, @kreemehorn can you try the factory reset on your smart Hub to see if that helps? Post back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Performed factory reset on hub last night - unfortunately the issue was still there when I fired up the bttv box pro this morning and had to reboot hub to get tv connection

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

It's beginning to look like another faulty box. I can't see it being a configuration issue as it works from a cold boot. I guess the final thing you can do is factory reset the box. First retaining your recordings if you have any, then if that doesn't work, again but deleting them.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

I've performed a few factory resets on the box already - I have an engineer booked for Friday so hopefully he'll have a spare box with him

Thanks for all the help - much appreciated

0 Ratings