cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Deliver TV box sooner?

Hi all,

hope someone can help me. I’m moving back to BT later this month, and have taken a TV package with full fibre. The earliest slot for the switch is the 25th of July. The equipment is supposed to be delivered shortly before this. 

Is it possible for the box to be ordered through sooner?

I appreciate the premium channels won’t work until after the switch, but my Sky service was cancelled last week, and could really do with at least a Freeview DVR before then. I really don’t want to buy something in the interim, but my TV’s tuner doesn’t support DVB-T2.

D

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deliver TV box sooner?

It'll all be timed to arrive shortly before your switch on date and delivery time for equipment can't be changed I believe. Also, as far as I understand the Pro Box's use your broadband connection to authenticate and complete set up, so if are currently without broadband the set up could fail 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@DaveSwan 

Does your TV have a DVB-T, (original digital TV), tuner - or is it analogue only?

AFAIK, the only two channels on the PSB DVB-T2 multiplex that are not HD versions of channels  also available in SD, are 5Select and TBN.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Yes the internet connection is required on first setup of a Youview box - This is  I believe so you can accept the Youview T&Cs for using its software on your  BT TV box.

Message 5 of 6

It is a digital tuner. It’s just showing its age.

It’s never been a problem before because I’ve always used an external PVR.

Given that I’m moving back to BT from EE, and the switch happens without too much physical intervention, I’m surprised it’s going to take 3+ weeks.

…. hence why I’m hoping they could at least bring the TV Pro box dispatch forward a little…

… pretty please 🤞

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Yeah, that’s not going to be a problem - I have a connection through EE at the moment.

I’ve set one up previously and unlike Sky and Virgin, the BT Pro box at least allows use of the broadcast and DVR side without the dependence on the multicast subscription. 

0 Ratings