cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 92

Re: Discovery+ App

Go to solution

OK got my Amazon Firestick in the Primeday sales.  I think BT need to up their game. I'm now contemplating getting rid of the BT Mini Box as the Firestick has all the apps I need and at no extra cost as I already subscribe to the channels.

Disney+, DiscoveryPlus, NowTV, BT Sport, BT TV, all the terrestrial channels, and as a bonus I've got MUTV on it.

All this on an old Smart TV where half those apps aren't available.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 92

Go to solution
Watch this space. I've mentioned a few times on these forums that 2023 is a big year for TV from BT. We've already had a lot of new stuff, but there's more to come.
Message 13 of 92

Go to solution

🙂

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 92

Go to solution

Exciting times to follow...

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 92

Go to solution

I'm now in a further quandary, my BT TV contract runs out in October, but they are already after me to sign up for another two years.

I'm reading all the rumours about EE taking over the broadband, and when I renew the TV I will be forced to renew my Broadband contract (which in my humble opinion is a bit naughty), so I'm going to leave it as long as possible in the hopes that the new fabled Smart Hub 3 will appear.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 92

Go to solution

i have the same problem tv contract ends 8 august but would like to see what is planned before renewing for 24 months

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 92

Go to solution
Remember that you don't have to do anything when your contract ends - that's just when you're free to leave without penalty. You can continue on your current service out of contract, and wait for a deal that really suits your needs.

Given that you know changes are coming "soon", if I were in your position I'd just continue out of contract for a while.

By the way - although I know what's coming, I have NO knowledge whatsoever of offers, pricing, eligibility, etc. You have nothing to lose by waiting though, unless you're being offered a deal now that really works well for you.
Message 18 of 92

Go to solution

That’s useful to know. Are you able to clarify whether being out of contract means that you’re not able to flex your BTTV package? 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 92

Go to solution

thats what i am wanting to do go vip package as i have cancelled sky but when i try they want me to sign for another 24 months for tv and broadband

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 92

Go to solution
OK, so I thought it best that I actually check a few things out, based on my comments earlier.
It appears that you do need to be within contract to flex your package. When your contract ends, "our" understanding is that the service will just stay on whatever you're currently on.
I've also had it confirmed that when big new exciting things launch "soon", you'll be able to switch to them even if still within contract - you'll be required to start your contract again from the point that you switch again.

So there's actually no harm in renewing as soon as your contract expires, unless you NEED to know what the new offerings are before you decide - in which case, you'd need to wait until they're announced (or take a gamble on the leaked news - which I can say isn't 100% accurate).