cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 92

Re: Discovery+ App

Go to solution

@ozsat wrote:

Yep - confirmed that TNT is NOT free to Sky customers - and TNT channels are NOT available on SkyQ to any customers even if you subscribe to them via BT or direct with Discovery+.

Confused by that last comment?  TNT Sports channels are available on SkyQ boxes, and we've confirmed with our test set-up here that they're visible.

There is a known fault that smart swap on Sky boxes isn't handling SD-only subscriptions properly, so SD customers need to use channels 868 and 869 for now.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 92

Go to solution

I meant NOT in the Discovery+ app on SkyQ  -  no sign of the channels in there at all - even if you have them in the app elswhere.

@DarrenDevwrote:

@ozsatwrote:

Yep - confirmed that TNT is NOT free to Sky customers - and TNT channels are NOT available on SkyQ to any customers even if you subscribe to them via BT or direct with Discovery+.

Confused by that last comment?  TNT Sports channels are available on SkyQ boxes, and we've confirmed with our test set-up here that they're visible.

There is a known fault that smart swap on Sky boxes isn't handling SD-only subscriptions properly, so SD customers need to use channels 868 and 869 for now.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 43 of 92

Go to solution
Ah OK. I'm not aware of WBD's rollout plan for updates to the discovery+ app across all the various platforms. No doubt they'll catch up.
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 92

Go to solution

SkyQ took a long time to make 'Eurosport' available on the Discovery+ app - even if you subscribed to the 'sport' level.

@DarrenDevwrote:
Ah OK. I'm not aware of WBD's rollout plan for updates to the discovery+ app across all the various platforms. No doubt they'll catch up.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 92

Go to solution

Has anyone experienced any issues with the Smart TV app in the last few days?

I have the discovery+ app on my lounge TV (Samsung 2016 4k Model) and last couple of days it's been "stuttering" on playback. TV says wifi is connected OK, and no issues with Amazon Prime Video, or Plex on the same telly.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 92

Go to solution
discovery+ is only supported on Samsung 2017+ models. They say that it may still work on older models, but they're not supported.
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 92

Go to solution

Never had any issues until two days ago.

I've just checked and I lied..it is a 2017 model 40" MU6400

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 92

Go to solution
In which case, I recommend you contact the discovery+ tech support on support@discovery.plus - they may be able to advise
0 Ratings
Message 49 of 92

Go to solution

Hi all, Just checked to see if any updates available to my BT Pro, and yes there was, 4.1.64, looked at the apps...and the discovery+ app is on the box, signed in with my BT details and all working fine!

Message 50 of 92

Go to solution
Yep - boxes should update themselves overnight to pick it up.
Note: it's currently only available on the BT TV Box Pro and BT TV Box Mini. An app for older boxes is still being worked on, but it's going to be a while yet.