cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EE TV Pro Box

Go to solution

Received a new tv box Pro today set it up but its missing channels like bbc 1 and 2 itv 1 and channel4 

I chose to stream channels rather than use an ariel but my old bt Pro box got those  channels fine.

There isn't an option to retune anywhere and I tried both wired and WiFi connection. 

I reset the box and got the same amount of channels.

The set up finds 133 channels but after set up it says 42 free channels and 133 subscription channels.

Does anyone know how I get the basic free view channels ideally without resetting the box again? Please

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EE TV Pro Box

Go to solution

Is this still a problem  today as I believe typically  the boxes will receive EPG channel  changes on a daily basis  ? 

Was the new box supplied  as a result  of s new or modified  TV package where some changes to the TV service  would occur or to replace an existing faulty  or older model box  where it should just be a plug in and setup routine

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
If it's streaming channels then channels 1-5 will be in TV Guide 1-5. Are you maybe trying to find them at 101-105 by mistake?
I can't think of any scenario where it'd find IP channels but miss 1-5.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
I checked the guide already and checked both 101 and 1 I even went all the way to the end of the channel list to make sure it wasn't there. Not missing 5 by the way that's there and is the channel that comes on if you press 1
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Only a bit of speculate thinking but some of the ip channels and their LCN positions re determined  by the location logic .. eg regional,  national  decisions  as to which BBC/Itv/ English/welsh/Scotland  channels to provide.  5 doesn't  have a national  or regional variant. 

The original post suggests that some but not all ie about 11 or so in total of the IP Freeview  channels were missing.  Ie only 42 were on the box.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
OK, that's interesting - your TV Box Pro hasn't set your TV region correctly, despite being told that it should receive England North West. I've not see that happen before.
It does only show that your box has tried once though - yet you say you'd tried a reset already?
It should show an option to retune from the TV Channels option in Settings. If it doesn't then could you please try a factory reset again.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Just checked it now and it looks like you may be correct. It had a message saying a returned was needed and now in the settings there is an option to returned also.

Thank you for the reply.
0 Ratings