cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

EE TV app not pairing with BT TV box

I've recently changed from aerial to IPTV mode. Having done a factory reset the EE TV app won't re-pair with my box - it says that no box is found on the network. Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: EE TV app not pairing with BT TV box

Had the same problem with a replacement box the other week.  Restarting my phone did the trick

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

By any chance is your WIFI on a different network (subnet)?

Its a long shot but to separate out my multicast traffic on my home network I stuck the EE Box Pro on its own subnet so I I could forward the packets to just that LAN, however my iOS app would not find the box until I enabled an mDNS repeater which then allowed the discovery process to hop over the different LANs.

Another thing to potentially check is if your mobile device is allowing the app access to your local network, sometimes it can re-ask or re-installing the app might help.

Strange thing to happen though just because of a factory reset.

Lastly the initial pairing process may need to take place again since factory reset, the mobile app probably thinks its still paired but the box wont be.

In the EE TV app go to settings then 'TV Box' and select it then unpair, then go through the process of pairing again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Armitage11 

I’ve just paired my T4000 with the EE TV app on my iPad. I don’t have an EE TV subscription, and so am relying on the concession to YouView box owners in general that bits of the EE TV app are available to us, including pairing so we can schedule recordings remotely.

On the first try, the EE TV app locked up on login, with three dancing balls at the bottom of a black screen. I waited, but it didn’t come back. I exited the app and re-entered it; back came the dancing balls.

I could have restarted the iPad I guess, but I chose to delete and reinstall the EE TV app instead. After which, it seemed to be working OK, so I started the pairing process. Several times, it said it couldn’t find the YouView box.

So as per the onscreen advice, I checked to see if the EE TV app did indeed have permission to access the local network. It did, but just for grins, I toggled that setting off and on again.

After which, it suddenly found two YouView boxes - an embarras de richesses - and asked which one I wanted. So I chose the T4000, and all was OK, with all my recordings and schedule showing up practically instantly in the EE TV app. 

Unlike the old days, when I could control three YouView boxes from this iPad - retail app, BT app, TalkTalk app - I’m now restricted to one again, so I will have to pair the other YouView box with my mobile.

Comes in handy when, as on Monday, Channel Four are a bit tardy putting the day's Countdown on catchup, and we are forced to watch it on YouView. (‘Cup of tea and Countdown’ is too well established a family ritual to watch it at its current stupid early live time, or even +1 😛)

0 Ratings