cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EETV App Black Screen + Freezing when trying to watch Live Sports using PC App

Hi,

I am a BT customer and normally used the BT TV app to watch live sports as included in my package with BT.

Since the move from the BT TV app to the EETV app I have been unable to watch live sports on my PC. Every time I attempt to do so, the EETV app opens up, shows a picture for about a second, then goes to a black screen. The app then refuses to close and I have to use Task Manager to close the app.

I have reinstalled the app several times and used different computers - all give the same result.

What are the next steps to troubleshoot and get this resolved?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EETV App Black Screen + Freezing when trying to watch Live Sports using PC App

Hello,

if your attempting to watch live sports please try using the Discovery+ App.

When using the EE TV App make sure it’s the same account then go to go to Menu > Plans, Inclusive Extras & add-ons to make sure that the TNT Sports is active on your TV Service for on the go.

Your TNT Sports maybe only for EE TV only and not for on the go as well that’s a different add-on.

log into your MyBT then select your Products to see if the correct plan is active.

let us know here in what you find.

hope this helps 🙂

Hope this helps! 🙂 If you like my reply and
want to say thanks for the helpful answer
then please click on the Kudos on left hand
side 😉 also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 😄
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: EETV App Black Screen + Freezing when trying to watch Live Sports using PC App

Hi,

Thanks for the reply - using the Discovery+ webpage gets around the issue, as I can view live sport on there.

TNT sport is active on my account.

However, whilst I appreciate the workaround, I would also like a fix for the EETV app on my PC freezing. I don't use it on any mobile device / tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sorry to hear that. We've recently moved to a new video encryption, so it could be caused by that - though diagnosing it is going to be very difficult.
First thing - I assume you're currently launching the app by clicking the channel in your web browser? Could you please try launching the app from your start menu - does it launch ok? From memory, I think it'll just show a message telling you to open a web browser.
If it launches ok, can you then please close it.
Assuming it launches and closes ok, then launch it again and then click a link for a channel from your web browser. At this point I'd expect it to switch to the already-open app, and then black screen again.

Once you've done all this, can you then please email me at tv.apps@bt.com including the BT ID that you're logged in with, the results of the above tests, and the date and time you performed them. We'll then check our logs to see what your PC is telling us.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi Darren,

I've sent a reply to that email address with the results.

0 Ratings