Message 1 of 12

I can’t do a series record on Alibi

I seem to be able to do series record on other channels but not Alibi

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: I can’t do a series record on Alibi

Hi @Vaboon 

That'll be due to the broadcaster, all you can do is to remember to record the programme each week.  As there's an 8 day TV guide, record the next week's programme before you watch the latest recording so you're less likely to forget.

I'm doing this for a series on Alibi, one week at a time because they haven't set Series link up. Even when you do set Series Link for a series, it's wise to check every week that the next recording drops in, it's not always that reliable.

Message 3 of 12

When you say broadcaster is that Now or BT as I used to be able to record by series on Virgin

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Now/BT/Virgin are just suppliers, UKTV is the broadcaster so they are responsible for adding the series link data for their channels, such as Alibi.

Message 5 of 12

@Vaboonwrote:

When you say broadcaster is that Now or BT as I used to be able to record by series on Virgin

Neither NOW or BT/EE will take responsibility, they are platforms.

As far as they are concerned, Alibi as the broadcaster (or UKTV to be more precise), are responsible because the platform relies on "Accurate Recording" meta data sent by the broadcaster to initiate and terminate the recording.

Sky on the other hand have a team dedicated to managing the EPG and any last minute changes to schedules, such as overrunning live events, who change (such as extend) the recording window. 

If a live event over runs or if there is late change to a schedule, BT/EE relies on the broadcaster updating the meta data.

As you will see from threads across the forum, many sadly don't bother to keep it up to date. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@stereohaven  The issue raised by @Vaboon  is why they are not being offered the option to series record some programmes on the Alibi channel provided on the EE TV multicast channel NOW Alibi.   
 Whether  the programming would be completely (or accurately ) recorded whilst important is not the issue here.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

So the AR data is separate to the CRIDs?

I always understood they were all part of the same meta data?

Either way, I don’t expect BT to blame anyone other than Alibi/UKTV.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@stereohaven @Vaboon @zulu17 @Andy005 

Read all about CRIDs here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_reference_identifier

The implication of the observed behaviour is thar the Alibi IP channel is serving up Programme CRIDs, but not Series CRIDs.

I have no clear idea of how EE manage the task of providing the CRID metadata for the IP channels, so there may be a slight but non-zero chance that EE are to blame for this; but I think it unlikely.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Vaboon  It is possible to series record on Alibi if the data supplied to the platform contains a Series CRID to identify a programme in the EPG as part of a series.  However only some of the programmes appear to have this “optional “ data field included in the EPG.
 As to ownership and responsibility then that is less clear. For example on channels  broadcast over Freeview it would typically be the Broadcaster to chase, For channels provided on EETV over IP  there are several companies involved in supplying the various channels (eg WBD and Now/Sky etc and they outsource to others) effectively the EPG  data  we see  has been enhanced after the Broadcaster original . Unfortunately we only have access to reporting issue to EE TV  as the suppliers of our TV package and UKTV as original  programme broadcasters since all the companies in the middle where I suspect the problem exists do not have reporting routes open to us. 

Which programme/series are you looking to series record ?

@Midnight_Voice  looking at the EPG now  Alibi HD has series CRID  for Father Brown (on now) .No Series CRID for Maisie Raine at 2pm and 3pm, then The Mallorca Files has Series CRID  at 4pm and 5pm, then no Shakespeare &Hathaway has no series CRID at 6pm.

Message 10 of 12

Miss Scarlet and the Duke

0 Ratings