cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

I don’t have ITVX showing on my box

I do not subscribe to BT but purchased a BT You view box (from Amazon) purely to have HD, catch up etc.

My box has not updated to ITV X, do I need to purchase a new box? Is my tv too old.. not sure 

Any advice would be welcomed 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: I don’t have ITVX showing on my box

Last time I checked on my BT Box it said 'ITV Hub' but loaded 'ITVX' - although not the FAST channel version.

@PAULINELYNAMwrote:

I do not subscribe to BT but purchased a BT You view box (from Amazon) purely to have HD, catch up etc.

My box has not updated to ITV X, do I need to purchase a new box? Is my tv too old.. not sure 

Any advice would be welcomed 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Compatible YouView/Freeview play boxes/TVs don't have the FAST channels apart from Samsung/LG smart TVs.

If your box isn't the BT TV Pro/BT mini box you will not get any version of the ITVx player due to age of devices/compatibility.

If your box is perfectly fine otherwise I would recommend buying a Roku player that plugs into your TV and gives you all the latest apps plus some other TV shows/films for free.

Its quite straight forward to use as well and you can get it off Amazon. Costs about £30

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Is ITVX considered a FAST channel never heard that before? Does the Roku player run alongside the current BT box or just plugs into one of the HMDI ports ? Thanks again
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

If your box isn't the BT TV Pro/BT mini box you will not get any version of the ITVx player due to age of devices/compatibility.

Is that different from the BT TV Box Pro? I have one and there is no ITVX App that I can find. Tracking down anything on ITVX is a pain.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

@michaelkenward click on the itv app and itvx player will launch on the BT TV Pro 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

@PAULINELYNAM FAST channels are channels under the live part of ITVx player that has exclusive free themed channels.

Roku/fire sticks plug into a spare HDMI port on your TV 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

There is no ITV app that I can see. Never has been. Hence the question.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

@michaelkenward I don't know why you don't have the itv app on your TV Pro box.

I take it that it is connected to the internet and you have updated your software and apps. 

If so, have you raised this issue before?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

No unfortunately this doesn’t happen. I don’t subscribe to BT . Box bought independently just for catch up & apps. It’s a YOUVIEW box . TV is is Panasonic circa 2015?
0 Ratings