cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

IPC6011 Recording Now TV sports

I have recently started using BT TV to access my Now TV subscription, including Sky Sports. This is specifically so that I can record the F1 GP on the YouView box and watch it later in the day.

In spite of the fact that my broadband is working, and I can watch the F1 live using the Now TV app on my LG TV, it refuses to record on my YouView box, and gives me the error code 'IPC6011 'There's a problem with your broadband which is affecting Sky Sports F1. Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router'.

There is clearly no issue with my broadband, or with recording. The YouView box happily records programms on channels such as BBC1 and ITV1. So it must be some issue with the subscription service not being recognised.

I have tried online chat help (who got me to reset everything, which then led to nothing working and an engineer visit). I have had two different engineers out who have advised different things.

The F1 season is now over, but the question still remains as to why I can't record the channels I am subscribed to. NB I also pay for Now TV Boost.

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: IPC6011 Recording Now TV sports

Hi @karenlee, welcome to the forum and sorry you're getting this error code whilst trying record F1.

1. Try to access the BT Player. Press the Home (or YouView) button, then scroll to and select BT Player
  2. If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment by following these steps:
    • First, restart your Hub
    • Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
    • Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back
    • Now check if you still receive the error
  3. Check your software version is up to date. To do this, press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Software Information > Update Software and press OK
  4. Check your On Demand players are up to date by pressing the Home (or YouView) button, then going to Settings > Software Information > Update players & apps and press OK

Post back and let us know how you get on
Cheers 
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi John

I have no problem accessing the BT player, and all the various apps were already up to date.

I have just tried watching NOW TV Sport and it works fine today. But the recording of yesterday's Grand Prix is still not available. Today's error code is IPC6041.  It feels as if there is some sort of restriction on recording the live F1 Channel on Now TV Sport via the BT YouView box when the Grand Prix is actually on. The recording of the highlights from Channel 4 worked fine. Is there some sort of licensing / rights problem here? The whole point of me getting this setup was to give me a way of recording live programs on Now TV sport!

Thanks

Karen

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Looking at previous posts wrt IPC6011  there is this

"IPC6011 errors can occurs when the TV box hasn't yet got the right subscription eligibility data. If you haven't already can you click on "Update Software" (under Settings/Software Information) from the main menu to check it's got that."

And a historic post on IPC6041

"Unfortunately that specific error code just means the box was failing to retrieve permission to play the video. "

So both errors seem to suggest a permissions issue.  

What BT TV pack do you have ? Is it Big Sport or VIP  ? Is the issue with the EPG F1 HD channel or SD channel ?  (With BT TV there is a combined HD/NOW Boost add on , the BT TV HD add on relating to the EPG subscription HD channels and the NOW Boost relating to the NOW Apps and concurrent  users).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

I have checked the software update and everything is up to date.

I have the Big Sport package. The issue is with the HD channel. I have it set to series record, doing that via the Subscriptions tab on the BT Guide menu. I agree that it seems to be a permissions issue, but any idea how I get that sorted?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

@karenlee Can you clarify who you pay for NOW Boost? Is it BT or NOW?

The accounts should be linked, but to record NOW Sky Sports F1 HD, NOW Boost has to be paid for via BT.

I’m wondering if there is a disconnection somewhere between your BT and NOW accounts, hence the permission error?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

Yes, I pay for everything, including Boost, through my BT account. It was transferred over from Now TV, but is now fully with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Just to clarify

NOW BOOST  does not itself give access to the  EPG BT TV HD NOW channels , it is the BT TV HD or HD/4K add on that does this. 
taking the BT TV  HD or HD/4K add on with the Big Sport package will if correctly ordered/supplied also give you NOW Boost.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Yes, I am fully aware of all of that. As I said above, my BT TV package is how I pay for Big Sport, including Now Sport, and I have the NOW Boost Add On, also via BT.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

BT are now telling me the following:

Exactly, the formula one is such event that does not allow customers to record their programme and if you chekc the terms and conditions of recording, you will find that recording permission is depends on event organizer and not a bidning subject to availability and permission, its not a BT issue but solely they are responsible what to allow and what not to.

I don't believe this is correct - any thoughts from anyone?

0 Ratings