cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Itv X confusion

Go to solution

Despite searching I have failed to find a definitive answer. My box is a DTRT4000.

Can this box run the ITVX app?

I know the old ITV hub is still working but naively thought this would EVENTUALLY update, so can or will this box be able to run ITVX.

Our current Freesat box cannot run ITVX  nor can screen casting from the android app, everything is fine until you press play and then a black screen kicks in.

Any accurate information would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Itv X confusion

Go to solution

ITV have not provided ITVX on the T4000 yet. Youview  have directed  all enquiries  about ITV X to ITV.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Itv X confusion

Go to solution

As the Youview community will be ceasing shortly I have posted a couple of statements posted there wrt ITV X as they may be of benefit.

In December 2022

ITV are continuing to work on upgrading the ITV Hub app on a per device basis and ITVX exclusive content is currently available on both ITV Hub and ITVX in the interim.

On January 9th 2023

We are pleased to confirm that ITVX is now available on the following devices:

• BT TV Box Pro and Mini
  • TalkTalk TV Hub
  • Sony Android TVs with the YouView Live TV & Catch-up app

The new app is not available on Humax, Huawei or older Sony TVs with YouView at this time however we will update on these accordingly.

As before ITVX exclusive content is currently available on both ITV Hub & ITVX.
ITVX will support subtitles and offer a new ad-free paid subscription which includes access to BritBox UK content.

HD content, ITV News programmes and Live TV channels on ITVX are currently not available on YouView devices.

For further information on ITVX please see here, or visit https://support.itv.com/ for help.

here  = https://www.itv.com/news/2022-12-07/itvx-explained-what-will-i-be-able-to-watch-and-how-will-it-work

0 Ratings