cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Missing subscription channels

Hi, I can't watch several subscription channels in my TV package. The channels are there when I flick through and are on the TV guide but when I select one all I get is the logo and programme name etc and the screen remains blank otherwise. Anyone know why? Is my WiFi connection just too weak? My TV box isn't connected to the router with an ethernet cable as its in a different room. Thanks 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Missing subscription channels

Hi @Clairemczed65, sorry you're not able to view all your subscription channels.

Are you able to connect via Ethernet so you can test? If all the channels are ok on Ethernet then it would prove that the channels are ok and you would need to look at your wifi extenders.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hi John thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately my TV box is in the living room and my router is in the kitchen, so they're approx 20 feet apart. My ethernet cable is way shorter than that 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Can you watch the channels on the Now TV app?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Is this a new TV subscription that's never worked or an existing one that's stopped working? If new, there has been a few occasions recently where the account hasn't been set up properly. Although I'd expect an error message in that case, not just a blank screen.

If it's stopped working then it would be worth picking up a long ethernet cable just to test with. You can get a 10m cable quite cheaply from the likes of Amazon or Ebay & can even pick them up locally from Screwfix or Toolstation.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Thanks very much I'll try a cable 😊
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Sorry for jumping on your thread, but I have exactly the same problem. I have never been able to access any subscription channels through the TV guide. The Apps work fine but it would be nice to access live TV on the subscription channels. My box is next to the router so it is connected by ethernet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Frustrating isn't it! Upgraded to fast fibre a month ago and it's never worked properly yet. 4 weeks, 4 engineers before broadband worked properly, or at all 😕 I regret massively signing up with BT, I should have known...... Off to try the app now... 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

So I can access BT TV and NOW but I still have missing channels (not on freeview, BT TV or NOW) e.g. Channel 69, 77, 92, 269, 271 (tells me to connect TV to internet) 274, 278 and a whole heap after that going up. A couple more channels actually say theres a problem with my broadband but none of the other missing ones do. I'm confused!! 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

You haven't answered the question as to whether this subscription has ever worked.

There's two elements required for BT TV on a Youview box:

• The provision of multicast & the ability of the router to pass that to the box. Are you using the BT Hub?
  • The correct permissions being assigned to your account.

There's a BT Preview channel around 330. If you can receive this then it's probably a permissions issue. But again, you need to test with an ethernet cable.

0 Ratings