cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Netflix on BT Pro Box

Go to solution

Hi, I've just recontracted with BT, and my new package comes with a free basic Netflix subscription.

I currently have a uhd subscription with Netflix already, and was planning on giving my kid the 'free' BT subscription to use at uni. Unfortunately, when I go into the Netflix app on my new BT Pro Box, it is asking me to link my UHD subscription to my BT account, which I don't think I want to do - I want to be able to watch my UHD account but not attach it to my BT. 

Has anyone had a similar problem, and is there a way around this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix on BT Pro Box

Go to solution

There's a new Netflix rule that you can't share Netflix accounts. These are fixed to your billing address.

You can pay to share your Netflix account with another household but these aren't available with the Netflix accounts given with the BT TV packages.

Your best bet would be to give your existing account to your family member to use at their address and link your BT Netflix account to another email, creating a new Netflix account. 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Downgrade your existing Netflix to standard and give that to the other person and upgrade your BT bundled one to Premium for an extra £6.99 a month... 👍 Same result just a different way of doing it. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Netflix with adverts is also an option for your family member.

If they don't mind the adverts they would get full HD (1080)

You only get basic HD (720) with the account that BT give as standard.