cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

No channels over IP

Hi,

Just had the Internet installed a few weeks ago, we cannot get any TV channels at all, however. Tried everything support recommended to no avail, reset the box set multiple times along with the router's settings and nothing has worked so far. The TV is connected to the internet over Ethernet and the connection works however other than the apps no channels can be seen and the guide is empty displaying error code YVM305.

We also got a replacement TV box which also didn't work, this new one was branded EE but the components are obviously the same just rebranded in a different case now.  The TV boxes are both labeled as TV Box Pro and the router is the Smart Hub 2. 

Anyone who's been through this before or has any advice would be greatly appreciated.

*Just to be clear this is using the TV box in Internet mode too! We do not have an Aerial* 

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: No channels over IP

Do you see the BT Player in the list of apps?
If so, do you see an error when you try to launch it?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hello,

No there is no BT player in the apps list. There's iPlayer, my 5, Netflix, prime, Now, britbox, UKTV play, milkshake, pop player, on demand 365, CBS catch-up UK, BBC sounds, discovery +, and a tile for playworks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

When you press the Home button on the remote, what logos is shown in the top left corner of the screen? BT or YouView? It sounds to me like your box doesn't recognise that it's connected to a BT line - if it shows the YouView logo then that would confirm it.

Also - I assume you're not at home at the moment?  Your post to these forums is from a Tiscali broadband line.  The box must be connected to a BT or EE broadband line to work correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

@roberino 

To add to @DarrenDev post , you must also have a current BT TV package.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

When the box is switched on it shows a YouView logo and at the top left it does too when I press the home button. I am at home when I post here too, would this be a mistake the engineer made when he sorted the internet out a few weeks ago?

Also, what will the solution be I presume this isn't something we can fix on our end. I don't use TV myself so I am a bit clueless about all this but thank you for the assistance!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Yes as far as I am aware we do have a current TV package with Sports on it. I am not the one who purchased it but I heard this is what we have along with the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Sounds like you've been misinformed I'm afraid. You're not with BT broadband according to your current IP address. Who provided you with the BT TV box?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

BT did, my brother went through the chat support online the other day and they said that the box might be the issue so now we have one of the EE branded boxes too.

We have the BT smart Hub 2 router connected currently and it's working fine, this is the internet I'm connected to when posting on here.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Could you please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your BT account number? I need to see what's going on with your account, as it's not making sense.
0 Ratings