cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 61

No more fast forwarding through the adverts for ITV recordings in IP mode

just had a message pop up announcing this change.

ITV in Internet Mode

When you watch live and recorded ITV shows in internet mode you can no longer fast forward through adverts, just like the ITVX app. You’ll still be able to pause, fast forward and rewind ITV shows, but you won’t be able to fast forward through the adverts.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/modes 

60 REPLIES 60
Message 2 of 61

Re: No more fast forwarding through the adverts for ITV recordings in IP mode

@BillyM 

Even if you are subscribing not to have ads on itvX?

Surely that ought to let you skip ads when playing recordings, as being equivalent to On Demand?

Message 3 of 61

Message 4 of 61

A couple of questions   

1 does this apply to ITV recordings made before 6 November  or only on recordings  from 6 November ?

2. If I use  the jump facility  on a ITV recording eg type 7 to go 70% into the recording do I  get forced to watch every  advert break that occurs from the beginning  of the recording to that point. 

3. Will ITV X be updated to HD ?

4. Will ITV X FAST channels be introduced ?

Message 5 of 61

Also for those of us in scotland (& NI actually) does it affect STV/UTV too?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 61

HD and the FAST channels would be great.

Maybe this change is relating to an ITVx upgrade on you view as I can now get FAST channels on my TVs where I use Freeview play, but both of these TVs are Hisense.

I have a JVC TV (which I cannot wait to get rid of at some point) that I will check if FAST channels are playable on. 

I am not sure if STV recodings would be included as I live in Scotland. 

ITV2, 3 and 4 recordings would be included I am guessing. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 61

How much are ITV paying BT to do this? It's a recording, there's no reason for BT to get involved, nothing to do with ITV. Tell them to get lost. They've sold themselves out. No different to recording onto a seperate hard drive or sticking in a VHS. 

Message 8 of 61

@Simonsaysso I assume that ITV would be able to insist upon this as a condition of supplying their channels in IP mode, but I’m sure that someone from BT will confirm that. We’ve gone back to aerial mode and were able to record 6 channels simultaneously a couple of weeks ago ( 4 aerial channels and 2 internet channels). As others have said, ITVX needs to be improved and I hope that will happen as from Monday too.

Message 9 of 61

If this is to “align with the behaviour of ITV X”, then ITVX offer a premium subscription with no adverts - are BT going to offer such a dual pricing? If not, then this is a diluting of the BT TV offering. When other providers introduced advertising, they offered different pricing packages.

Stew

Message 10 of 61

@StewMwrote:

If this is to “align with the behaviour of ITV X”, then ITVX offer a premium subscription with no adverts - are BT going to offer such a dual pricing? If not, then this is a diluting of the BT TV offering. When other providers introduced advertising, they offered different pricing packages.

Stew

Agreed.

Unless the itvX app on BT TV is upgraded to allow customers to subscribe to the full premium version, then this is just yet another reason not to choose BT/EE TV compared to other platforms.

I suspect itvX will be updated at some point to enable the premium service to be purchased, but if my box was in use, I would be plugging the aerial back in at this news.

Quick reminder for anyone that can access it, itv1, 2, 3, 4 are all in HD and free to air on satellite.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED