cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Now tv app

Now tv app is asking for pin due to age rating of an on demand show. I enter the correct pin, it thinks about it for around 5 minutes then gives up and returns me to the previous screen. 

I have logged into Now tv website and checked - age related pin setting is turned off so I shouldn't need to enter the pin anyway.

Also, I have wated other 15 and 18 rated shows without having to enter the pin.

I watched upside 1, no pin no problem, but get this issue with episode 2 and cannot get past it. 

I have tried resetting pin, restarting the bt box. 

What else can I try? It seems to be this one show (True Dective season 1)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Now tv app

@Rob30   which device are you experiencing the problem on. Have you tried accessing the same content on another device. Some devices have specific master parental controls eg (according to NOW)

"Your Xbox and YouView box have master parental controls which will override your NOW PIN.

There is also the possibility of Mandatory PINs being applied by Now.

There is also a possibility of a simple Content issue with particular episodes with Now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I had the same issue trying to watch the Daily Show Ep17 on Tuesday night via the NOW app on the BT Pro Box. I kept being prompted for a viewing PIN despite having parental controls set to off. I was able to watch on the NOW app on my laptop and also via the NOW app on my SONT Smart TV.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The issue occurs when accessing the Now tv app on the BT TV box (about 6 months old). 

Having to put a pin in is annoying, but even after adding the pin the app just gets stuck and goes back to the previous menu, so you can't watch it. 

I have tried it on the android now tv app and the same episode plays like normal. I ended up using Samsung dex to get the android app on the TV. 

0 Ratings