cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Poor signal with new EE TV Pro Box

Go to solution

I received a replacement for my BT YouView box not long after I moved into my new house, as the original  box was still working fine, I never got around to installing the new box.

Recently my YouView box has gotten into the habit of doing a factory reset no matter what option I choose on the blue screen that just randomly appears, so I did the sensible thing and installed the new EE TV Pro box, all I can say is that the perfect clarity that I used to get with my original box has disappeared and I get terrible signal and screen drag and pixelation on all channels, even when recording on another channel, its terrible.

I thought it was the ariel, but after connecting it to my tv directly, there was no signal issues. Any tips as to what I can do to get the picture signal quality back to how it was, I no longer subscribe to BT TV at this time.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Poor signal with new EE TV Pro Box

Go to solution

I cant speak for why the aerial feed would be worse on the EETV box then it would be on the TV directly but there are a couple options.

Put the TV box in Internet Mode and connect the TV Box to the router via an Ethernet Cable, this avoids any reception based issues and uses a direct stream from BT. If the router is nowhere near the TV box the same can be done over WIFI by connecting the TV box to your WIFI. I wouldnt recommend connecting via WIFI though if the ethernet option is there.

There are a couple of settings to consider as well, I forget exactly where they are but you selecting match source frame rate should be on, or whatever its called and also ensure you have the output resolution correctly set for your TV. Should be easy find, Im just not with my box now, there is so few settings on the EETV Box Pro you'll find them, but yeah apply internet mode first and hook up that way.

Disconnect the aerial all together.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@naylor2006wrote:

Put the TV box in Internet Mode and connect the TV Box to the router via an Ethernet Cable, this avoids any reception based issues and uses a direct stream from BT.

OP states they are not subscribing to BT TV.

Go to solution

Sorry I missed that part, I thought if you had a box and all then surely there was a subscription, seems a missed the point entirely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@Gothchick 

Whether or not you get the Pro box working correctly, BT/EE will want it back if you are no longer a subscriber, and will charge you a Non-Return fee if you don’t send it back 😢

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

I have had issues with BT/EE during my home move so I have been told I don't have to return the equipment, plus if you had an account prior to 2019, the equipment is yours and not on loan from the company.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks, yeah I figured that out lol when I tried with via internet mode, which seems strange to have to pay for a subscription when its all online free in the first place.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@Gothchick 

Sure, but there are no Pro boxes that old, which is the heading you choose for your posting.

So are you talking about a different box, and if so, what’s the real model number involved?

Ir are you saying BT/EE have given you a Pro box, something I thought they didn’t do?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

It may seem odd in theory but the service BT give you via Internet Mode is very much that, a service from BT. An aerial is just picking up what is out there for everyone where as multicast Internet TV piped to an address needs to be enabled for you.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Well  since without a current EETV subscription IP mode will not be available you will need to look at what the box is showing as Signal Strength and Signal Quality.

The signal the Pro box receives has to serve 4 tuners ,  your older box  had dual tuners and your TV one.