cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: IPC6023

Hi

I have had the same problem repeatedly every time I try to watch the Champions League on TNT Sports

It takes over an hour resetting Hub, Pro Box, Hub, Pro Box etc.

Was on chat line with support last night, asked to reset hub, lost wifi, lost support after 45 mins!!!

Tried via BT app, they checked my Broadband, Speed, Pro Box found nothing wrong, however still no match and error IPC6023

With ten minutes to go till full time, miracle, it worked.

Can anyone at BT (EE) explain?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @oakhall welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to see you're getting the IPC6023 error on your EE TV. When this happens is it only affecting the TNT sports channels or is it happening on any other of the internet-provided ones? You can check that by going to channel 330. 

How is your Pro box connected to the Hub?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi NeilO

thanks for the reply

channel 330 is working as is TNT today

seems to be when Newcastle are playing 

is broadband being throttled?

Only on copper wire as Openreach seem reluctant to provide fibre to my half of the street!

Pro Box connected by Ethernet 

regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @oakhall Thanks for getting back to me. Is it only the Newcastle games and not others and are you in Newcastle? We don't throttle broadband but I'm wondering if it was a capacity issue if everyone was streaming the game on Wednesday evening. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hello @oakhall I've had a quick look and think you are right on the broadband issue though it's not throttling as much as probably contention.

A major factor is your ADSL2Plus broadband line with a predicted throughput of around 11-15Mb/s which is right on the threshold for HD TV services like TNT Sport delivered via broadband (aerial fed Freeview won't be affected) 

Any impact on that will increase the likelihood of an IPC6023 error which happens when there aren't enough packets arriving quickly enough to support display of the picture and sound - you might be able to reduce errors by watching the SD version of the TNT which has a lower bit rate compared to the HD versions, but as you're no doubt painfully aware UHD services won't work at all as they need a higher rate than ADSL can support.

I'll raise a fibre enquiry with Openreach to find out their expected availability of fibre in your area though so we can at least see when the situation might improve.

Sorry its not better news but drop a line if you see any other issues. 

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks David

I can't even think about steaming HD

TNT Sports is in SD

Thanks for pushing Openreach, I've been trying for over 5 years, but as most people on the street are on Virgin perhaps I'm not seen as been profitable

Now that 'the toon' are out of Europe it will only be a Premier League issue!

Regards

Ken