cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Series Links (future recordings)

Go to solution

Hi,

Firstly, I'm new to BT TV and can't see a Board for this subject?

My question is this - just moving across from Virgin - will I still be able to set up just one series link for every series, now and in the future, for a programme?  Saves me remembering to do it each time and miss the vital first episodes before I hear it's back on again :-).  Thank you 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Series Links (future recordings)

Go to solution

Technically yes but it's all down to the Program flags that the host broadcaster sends through the EPG system. Sky and others aren't great at keeping this update.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I haven't had BT TV long enough this time round to be sure, but I don't remember it doing so when I last had it, but @NigelB72 has been a consistent BT TV customer longer than me, it's certainly a bonus if it does.

With Sky for example, if you set a series to record it would then set a weekly dummy recording every week behind the scenes until the next series came on (say a year later), and set it to record automatically, which is what I think you are referring to @mairetheresa ?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks so much!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

That is certainly not my experience. Never once has my BTBox Pro picked up a new series from a historical request. This issue needs a proper resolution please as it's infuriating for those of us who have been used to this feature with a Virgin TiVo.

"The Series Link+ feature is part of the Virgin TV platform. It allows customers to record their favourite shows whenever and wherever they are available, saving them into a dedicated folder. There are customisation options such as: Whether to record new episodes or all episodes. "