cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Surprise, surprise: Youview recordings fail to track EPG changes to MotoGP schedule

At least we now have the Discovery+ app to fall back on.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Surprise, surprise: Youview recordings fail to track EPG changes to MotoGP schedule

@gomezz  were these late changes caused by weather or crashes  on the day or MotoGP changes  made ahead on previous days ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: Surprise, surprise: Youview recordings fail to track EPG changes to MotoGP schedule

The former I think though I have not yet caught up to find out. In any case it should not matter if the system was working properly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@gomezz @zulu17 

I know of three ways this can happen:-

The box is in deep sleep, so it has to wake up 30 minutes before the expected time of the programme in order to be ready for the Present/Following trigger at the appointed time. If the programme is moved before this time, or too long after it, the trigger will be missed.

The trigger comes at a time that now clashes with existing scheduled recordings, which it didn’t before, so the recording cannot be accomodated.

The Series and/or Programne CRID is changed when the time is changed, so the box never sees the trigger it expects.

There may be others….

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Having now watched the Saturday action there were no weather delays or red flags etc. So it looks like someone at TNT Central randomly rescheduled the coverage using different CRIDs. They seem to have a habit of doing this.

And having now watched the Sprint Race on Discovery+ there now seems to be a new bug where the timeline events show by default and even when you turn them off they re-appear if you do any rewinding or skipping. Not so important for MotoGP races but would be very annoying if watching football, rugby or cricket for example.

0 Ratings