cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

The YouView Community is no more

Go to solution

At the bottom of this page, you say:-

If you’re using BT TV on a YouView+ box, or on a YouView set top box from BT, post your queries around setup, recordings and BT TV On Demand here. YouView also have their own forum: http://community.youview.com for any non BT YouView questions.

The link still works, to take you to the support articles that YouView have created in the past, but you can no longer post questions, nor take advantage of the huge wealth of expertise in the posting that YouView customers and staffers have posted over the last 12 years.

We were promised when the YouView Community closed that any future questions relating to BT YouView boxes would be dealt with here, whether the owners were BT TV subscribers or not, and maybe not even having BT as their ISP; but that change does not seem to be reflected above either.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: The YouView Community is no more

Go to solution

Have you posted something that hasn't been answered?  I don't get what you're trying to say?

I also can't find the message you're referring to on this site - would you mind pointing it out to me? Sorry.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  the reference to the Youview community is appears in the “In this category “ notes at bottom of https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision

@Midnight_Voice  In addition to the BT TV boards there is the BT device board where the board description currently reads

BT Devices

Got a question about one of the many BT branded devices? This is the board to start a discussion,

Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks @zulu17 - I searched the bottom of many screens looking for it, but didn't think to check the side of the screen (I assume you're using a small screen device, so it wraps below).
So just a tweak to that wording is needed.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks @zulu17

You can probably guess who I am, but back in 2011, I was cloaked 😛

I looked at the BT Devices area, but the sort of queries we are likely to get about YouView, even hardware ones, are more likely to end up here, I think. Indeed, there are some Pro box hardware questions here already.
0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Midnight_Voice,

Welcome back to the Community.  Thank you for your comments.  You are right, the description of the board needs to be changed which I have now completed 😁

New description is,

‘If you’re using BT TV on a YouView+ box, or on a BT branded set-top box like the BT TV Box Pro or Pro Mini, amongst others, post your queries about setup, recordings, and BT TV On Demand here.’

The BT Community is the place for customers using our TV equipment to seek advice and support, however, I am not sure how much support would be on offer for those customers that do not subscribe to the BT TV service, the support would be on the equipment only, I guess.  Although we do have, great members, who frequent this board, with a wealth of knowledge to share, irrespective of your TV provider so it may be worth asking.  Officially though support is for BT customers.  

The majority of posts around our set-top boxes are posted on this board, however, we also have some content being posted on the BT Devices board.  This is a tricky one, as some customers will navigate to the BT Device board to post questions about our set-top boxes because they are BT branded, while others will automatically navigate to the ‘Youview from BT’ board because that is the service they have.  I don’t think there is much I can do with the descriptions to make this clearer.

I don’t feel there is a wrong board to post this content, although I feel posts will have the best chance of a response via the ‘YouView from TV’ board as this is where customers with expertise to share will likely reside. 

If our mods come across a post that they feel would be best served in a different board then they will move it there to maximize success of getting an answer.

I hope this explanation helps

Cheers

Sean

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @SeanD 

I’m a BT customer with a BT YouView box - two actually, a DTR-T4000 and a DTR-T2100 - but I don’t have BT TV. So while I’m quite BT-ish, technically I don’t qualify to be here 😛 

But here’s what YouView are saying:-

https://support.youview.com

and in the 1 Service Alert:-

If you're unable to find help on support.youview.com, please see the Useful Contacts page for your box and/or internet service provider.

and on that Useful Contacts page, under Box and Service Providers :-

If your box or TV service is provided from BT or TalkTalk, they will provide the full support you need.

And this is what we were given to understand would be the support position going forward for all owners of BT-branded YouView boxes once the YouView Community closed.

We were assured this had been agreed with BT, but as you can see, the bounds as YouView see them have been set a little wider than even your changed board description.

If BT are apprehensive about honouring this commitment, then I will be around to help now, based on my long experience in the YouView Community, as will no doubt others whom I recognise as here already.

But if BT are really, really apprehensive about what YouView are still promising that BT will cover, better get on to them and have these promises watered down a bit 😛

0 Ratings
SeanD
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Midnight_Voice,

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

As you have BT equipment then you absolutely 'qualify' to be here.  Our community is here to support all BT customers and if you have an issue with your equipment then posting here is the right thing to do.

What my previous response was eluding to is that if you have BT equipment and your TV subscription from somewhere else then we can only offer support on the equipment, we would have no insight into fixing any issue related to another provider's service.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
SeanD
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Further to my reply above,

Thank you for coming back here to share your expertise, you are most welcome and we appreciate your efforts 😀😀👍

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@SeanD 

Absolutely, all well understood!

0 Ratings