cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

The broadcast ‘security rectangle’ has disappeared…

Go to solution

…and long may it continue!

My Pro Box updated today and I noticed that the ‘security rectangle’ normally present just below the DOG has gone.

Is this the same for others? I can only test TNT Sports in SD.

It is a positive change if intended. I understand the need to protect content but to have it on Multicast channels and not on Discovery+ live streams was a small annoyance.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: The broadcast ‘security rectangle’ has disappeared…

Go to solution

It is still there for the TNT Sport Ultimate SDR and HDR channels 433 & 465 which are broadcasting promos only this evening.

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
It's added to the video stream at source - nothing to do with any software on the box. It's a contractual requirement, so if it has been removed then I'd imagine it's a fault.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

They’re still missing on the SD & HD channels this morning. I can’t comment on the UHD & UHD HDR channels as we have lost access to them since we renewed our broadband and tv contract just over a week ago. Someone’s looking into it for us and were supposed to get back to me again yesterday, but didn’t. I realise that it’s a First World problem, but it’s annoying.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
It's added to the video stream at source - nothing to do with any software on the box. It's a contractual requirement, so if it has been removed then I'd imagine it's a fault.

That is a shame, but I understand.

Consider this thread a fault report then.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5wrote:

I realise that it’s a First World problem, but it’s annoying.

Customer service 101 isn't it?

Very frustrating, just call to say "we haven't fixed it yet" and reset the customer expectation.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@stereohaven My Original complaint was about the way that I was spoken to when I phoned to renew our contract. I hung up in disgust. So Executive Complaints are dealing with it now when I contacted them, and we were offered a really good deal when I threatened to go elsewhere.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

As you know - different platforms use different design or different placed symbols so the source can be identified.

On Sky's output on TNT Sports at present some TNT channels are missing the icon  -  but oddly it is the reverse of the channels when conmpared to EE/BT tv. Those with it on one do not have it on the other.

VirginMedia have their own marker on all sports channels.

I think the old BT Sport app was the one with the annoyingly solid white rectangle.

@DarrenDevwrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.