cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Where do I find Discovery + on my TV

Go to solution

Where do I find Discovery + on my TV or how do I add it ?

I`ve already registered on my PC. Renewed my contract today and was told to do what I had already done..Register.

I can get it on my PC but how do I get it on my TV box ? Is it an App in the EETV App ?

Need to know cos I`ve been promised access to other things when my contract renews.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Where do I find Discovery + on my TV

Go to solution

Hi @spockyLeCock,

Thank you for posting. The discovery+ app is available as an app on the TV Box Pro or a TV Box Mini. The app is not yet available on older BT TV boxes. You can also find the discovery+ app on most Smart TVs. Take a look at the FAQ section at the bottom of Activate discovery+ now, you'll find a list of all the supported devices along with information on activating dicover+ with EE TV.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Paddy, thanks for the info.

It appears that I have the standard BT TV Box with YOUVIEW.  ( The one with the silver strip at the bottom ) Therefore the all singing and dancing extras that I was sold yesterday, for my new contract, I`ll not be able to access without purchasing newer equipment.

Bit of a pointless selling point, don`t you think ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Is the app available (possibly as a download) on your TV?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

The other option is to use an inexpensive Chromecast or Firestick dongle that plugs into a spare HDMI socket on your TV.

Or even if your TV set does not have the Discovery+ app available but does support casting then you can cast from the app on your phone, tablet or laptop.  Or  you can second-screen the laptop using an HDMI lead if the laptop has that feature but that is more of a faff and a last resort.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Cheers Guys,  but it`s not answering the question..... Lets assume that I have none of the alternatives mentioned.

I`m on the phone to BT renewing my contract, and the salesman is reading off his script about what I will be getting for my money. He`s holding back the price and bigging up what a great package it is, with access to Discovery+, Limited Netflix access ,etc. The paperwork tells me that I`ll have access to 16 great new channels..... wouldn`t you expect to find all these great things on the BT Box ? I certainly did.

If I needed a more modern TV Box... don`t you think I should have been offered one, even for a cost ?

From what you are all saying, I can`t get all these things on my BT TV Box

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@spockyLeCock 

Either EE will or won’t send you a Pro box, but they can’t do it ‘at cost’ because that would be selling you the box, and EE don’t sell them, they only loan them.

But I think that sales rep was on very shaky ground promising you Discovery+ without you having (for all he knew) any means of watching it.

So I think EE owe you the loan of a Pro box. This does however mean that they might want your existing YouView box back, though, if you were supplied it after December 12 2019.

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

As far as i'm aware when done via BT

The "cost" for new (loan)  boxes  (ie upgrades rather than replacement for faulty ones)  typically are an activation charge (£30) and a post&packing charge (£11.99)  .  (new minimum term Tv contract normally applies).

Some offers may involve those charges being waived or refunded (more likely to be the activation charge).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Didnt you get offered the latest box or didn't you want it?

If it was offered and you didn't want it, you need to settle with old tech and its limitations. 

If you want a pro box or a newer device, phone up the retention team. If your within your 2 weeks cooling off period, you can negotiate 

They aren't going to offer you anything else for free eg, firestick, chrome cast or roku stick. Your going to have pay 30 odd quid as a one off cost. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

If I needed a more modern TV Box... don`t you think I should have been offered one "

Guess you missed that bit Weerab...Never mind. I`ll update when I speak to them again. Prob today.

0 Ratings