cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Youview article on New EE TV

For info

Youview Proud to Support "New EE" Experience  article published this week.

https://www.youview.com/articles/youview-proud-to-support-new-ee-tv-experiences

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Youview article on New EE TV

I wonder if all the YouView devs who helped deliver it and are now going through redundancy are as proud right now?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Very interesting - thanks zulu17. 

Looks like there's plenty of life left in YouView, they're involved with Freely as well :

https://www.youview.com/articles/youview-proud-to-be-working-with-everyone-tv-and-the-public-service... 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Could you tell us more about that stereohaven? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@gwatuk 

Not much, other than they have been going through consultation with a view to losing some people sadly. 

I don’t know exactly how many. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

The new ee experience ha ha 

I have the apple box with the app theres no pausing live tv or fast forwarding for me like it states in the article. Its never worked and neither does the mytv section . No programmes go into it.also it would be nice to be able to scroll through the channels whilst watching one..  the app could be great but once again it falls short.. i keep hoping for an uodate. But surely all these things should be in place from launch 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Deano123 was your Apple TV box provided as part of the plan, or have you installed the app on your own box?

* Customers will need to have Broadband and TV from EE, as well as an EE provisioned Apple TV 4K box to fully access the EE TV app. Channels available to play will depend on your TV subscription.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

@Deano123 

It says Pause and Fast Forward, but it skirts round using ‘live’ in that context. My guess is those buttons will work on On Demand content, but not on live.

The Pro miniboxes support the feature on Live by using RAM as storage, RAM which is set aside for the purpose. 

Apps on the Apple TV are currently limited to a 4GB max size. A 30 minute buffer in HD is about 1GB, 60 minutes 2GB. So whether the EE app could pause and rewind live TV would depend on how long a rewind it wanted to be able to do, and how much of the storage the app itself took up, without the RAM buffer.

But if it could fast forward live TV, them I’m going to subscribe to it, and put some horse racing on 😛

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Ha ha i just saw i said fastforward live tv 🤣🤣 i reckon your right that it pauses on the apps only, very well worded 

Hi neil i have the apple box as part of my plan 

0 Ratings