cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Accounts constantly being blocked

Hello. My BT ID and various emails  connected to BT  which either belong to myself  or family members are being frequently blocked by BT  suspicious  activity. Also  trusted devices are being asked for pincode  when that shouldnt  happen. I had to  reset all the passwords a few  weeks ago. This means changing all passwords on all devices.  Spoke  to the Live chat and it was supposed to be  sorted   Now today its  happened again  have to  change all  the account details.

No use  saying to me there is suspicious  activity if it doesnt say  what.  All  devices are virus  free and the fact its asking me  for pincodes  for trusted devices  something is clearly  wrong.   I will  again message BT  when the Live help appears.

Peter

This must be  the 6 time in total ive had to reset all  accounts

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Accounts constantly being blocked

Hi @ChesterDrawers

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your emails.  If we notice suspicious activity in your account, we'll protect it immediately by blocking access.  Can you run through the guidance on this help page, please?  >> How can I tell if my email account is no longer secure? <<

Post back and let me know how you get on 🙂

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi Robbie Emails are accessed either on the computer or on the mobile using bluemail app. The computer is a trusted device and that is now asking me for a pincode sent to the mobile when I log into my main email. Sometimes all the BT ID is being blocked and several emails on the account. Last night I had to reset 3 accounts. A few weeks back it was 6 on each device that all passwords had to be changed. Full security checks have been run using Norton and there is no sign of any suspicious activity.

I use Nord VPN on the computer and phone but disconnect this before accessing any mail accounts.

I will get notifications on bluemail of an email message when the VPN is on. But I don't open them up. The fact that im being asked for a pincode when accessing p***r email on a trusted device is clearly wrong.

That would only happen if the VPN was active

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Please be aware that if any app or device tries to access an email account when VPN is on, and then tries to access with VPN off - it is possible the system sees this as two attempts roughly at the same time from completely different locations.

This could even happen when using data out an about just before using it at home on your own broadband.

However - BTinternet email is far too over sensitive - stop using it and use something else like Gmail. (Though gmail will occasionally ask to confirm a device).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately changing all the BT email accounts on all applications and contacts to Gmail on all contacts correspondence on each user for every organisation that has a BT mail down would add up to hundreds of contacts to be notified. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@ChesterDrawerswrote:

Unfortunately changing all the BT email accounts on all applications and contacts to Gmail on all contacts correspondence on each user for every organisation that has a BT mail down would add up to hundreds of contacts to be notified. 

Yes, it can take months to sort out - but you will be better off in the long run. And not tied to an ISP email address if you go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi, 

I am constantly since 2 weeks ago having to login and verify myself because my account keeps getting limited by your security measures. 

No one is trying to access my email account, I never use BT Mail, I only ever access my emails from my iPhone Mail app

Whatever you have done recently has broken everything. 

Can I turn off this feature because it’s really starting to annoy me. I can’t even reset my O2 password lol, everytime they send a password reset email your silly security measures blocks the email, I added them to my allowed senders and still nothing.

How do I remove all security features? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Jwtt123 Judging by the tone of your post, you seem to think that you are talking to BT. 

You are not. This is a community forum where BT customers can seek and receive advice from other customers. 

To speak to BT about security, call them on 0330 1234 150. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@Jwtt123 you have absolutely no idea whether somebody is trying to access your emails or not.

It could be something as simple as somebody making a typo when trying to access an email address 1 character different to yours.

0 Ratings