cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 10

BT App Outbox - email with large attachment is stuck in the outbox

Go to solution

Hi

I have sent an email with a large attachment and it has got stuck in the outbox of the BT App and I cannot send any further emails until it is cleared - how do I clear or cancel the problem message?

Thanks

ps. I am new to this so have reposted under the 'Email' Board as I am not sure I posted it to the correct place originally

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10

Message stuck in outbox on BT App

Go to solution

Hi

I have sent a large email viathe BT app and it is stuck in the outbox -how do I cancel or clear it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Message stuck in outbox on BT App

Go to solution

Try deleting it in webmail rather than the app.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you - I logged into webmail but the message is not showing - I could not see the outbox on the mail page - is there a specific place to look?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I don't use webmail, but just assumed the Outbox would be available, having logged in, it appears I was mistaken.

You could always try the nuclear option and uninstall the app and re-install it, or preferably install a better mail app such as Blue Mail.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks - I am not sure if it will just disappear at some point or time out? I don't understand why you just can't cancel it ! As a last resort I will uninstall and start again.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hopefully it should just time out.

Can you send via webmail in the meantime or has it locked that up too?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Hi - I have just tried webmail and that is working ok so I can use that if I need to. Thanks for your help - if I get anywhere I will let you know.
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Hi I have exactly the same problem, from the middle of May also which may be coincidental. I've just realised that I have several messages all stuck in outbox and no outbox on my webmail when I try to resolve in other devices. If you found a solution I would love to hear more. thank you
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

I managed to get the problem sorted out. I had to delete some emails as it seemed that the mail box may have been full. However, to ensure everything reset and cleared I had to change my password on webmail. Then close the BT app on my phone and then do a new log on to the mobile BT app with the new password. That cleared the outbox - however the message was lost and I had to send it again.

0 Ratings